No start.. pops in exhaust..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
the coil output does not really click like the the plug end does. it just slides into place while putting tension in the fit of the two to ensure good contact.

OP
OP
95TahoePA

95TahoePA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did test spark to the plugs prior to testing the coil. That's where I got the faint spararic spark. I replaced the rest of the wires, plugs and rotor while my buddy went over all the other sensor connections. We got her to run again. Drove her around for at least 1/2 hr without a stall. Buddy also messed with the distributor on the fly and got her into a acceptable spot to get it over and timed correctly. Gawd I, hope she starts later so I can take her to work. No one actually believes I bought another Tahoe.. let alone a Z71.. haha

OP
OP
95TahoePA

95TahoePA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove her all day today :) Besides for running a bit rough, she did well!! #7 is misfiring and it was 14° retard in timing. She is now 0, but still has misfire code for #7. Going to check the plug tomorrow and see if for some reason it's gapped wrong.. closed, or whatever else could be wrong.

OP
OP
95TahoePA

95TahoePA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put better plugs in her (OEM) and gapped all to 60 as recommended. Still running rough., SES bulb was replaced because the other one burned out. Uggh.

OP
OP
95TahoePA

95TahoePA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should explained that a bit better.
I did plugs when I first got it. In a effort to figure out what was going on, I pulled #7 out and seen it was black. So i pulled 1-5 and had another black plug (running rich?) and 2 plugs that where white (running lean?). In a turn, it peaked my curiosity, so I pulled the rest. And again, 2 running lean and 2 running rich. Not on the same bank.
#7 showed as a "dead hole" acording to my friends scanner (snap-on). Really don't have the cash to buy a whole spider, so going to replace #7. Thank Gawd the spider I got from the yard had the replaceable injectors :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvain_Yukon