Newbie with a lowering question Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NewNali03

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 05 yukon denali all stock with air shocks. my wheel setup is 305/45/22, i decided to lower it.what's the best kit to lower it some without rubbing issues and be able to tow also.thanks in advance.

houstone003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
talk to norcalss hes the man to talk to about lowering he knows his stuff

OP
OP
N

NewNali03

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
kool, hopefully he will see my post, anyone with any input should explain everything like it's being explained to a baby.I just switched over from bmw 540 to Yukon Denali so I don't really know much about the technicalities of my truck yet.

mharders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys on here are tow with the 3/5 kit. You will have to do the free travel mod and and helper bags depending on what your towing. I personally have the belltech 2/4 on my 03 Denali with stock shocks (autoride) on 22's. As for manufacturers there are many. I would suggest belltech over others tho. Here's some pics of mine. I've towed my buddies crownline boat with no issues at all.
8bfe1e6d.jpg
7f8dc4a4.jpg
e4c9b5f6.jpg
b7e103fc.jpg

drkhrse00

Reaction score
Truck looks very good! I really like the stance. If you check my albums you can see some pics of my 03 Yuk. Same tire size and wheel set up on a 3/5 drop. All Belltech that i scored from Tony on here. Love it!

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

NewNali03

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good Lawd some sexy rides on here man, I guess my main concern was the fact that i have bigger tires (305/45/22) I felt lowering was not an option but I text Tony and he assured me it will not be a problem.I will be ordering some belltechs soon.

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

did you remove the grille shell to plasti dip it?. I am thinking of doing the same , howlong does it last?

mharders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 45 series tire as well with the kit tony showed you and I have never rubbed while towing. My tires are just slightly more narrow than yours. As for the grille I had it painted before but it kept chipping so I removed it and used plasti dip. It's real easy to remove, if you have any questions just let me know. It's held up real well even thru washing it with a pressure washer. No chips yet. The only down side is it isn't glossy like paint. Plasti dip will give you matte finish. But I don't mind it one bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar