Newbie doesn't know how to remove headliner/dash... help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LittlePearl13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Central Coast (SLO county), California.
I'm doing my first bit of wiring on my tahoe next week (installing light rack on my roof) and I have no clue how to remove my headliner or my dash, so I can get it all wired up, and install a switch in my dash.

So yeah, any tips or how-tos would be much appreciated. Thanks again! :)

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Unscrew or bolt any components that attach thru the headliner, Unsnap or screw any trim plastics and the headliner should be held on by clips after that.

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
sunlitcomet is right on the money. Headliner bolted "components" being the visors and grab bars. Door sills will need to be removed to grant removal access to the pillars and other trim plastics. Just be careful with the clips.

Not sure you really want to remove the dash itself - it's a pain from what I've read. It will be much easier to just snake the wiring up/down the pillar(s) and through the dash as needed.

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
Big Blue... that's the dash "trim". The dash itself is a pain to remove (houses all the duct work, harnesses, components, etc., and is part of the structural as well as cosmetic integrity of the cab).

Frathoe TFM

Reaction score
I actually just finished removing my entire dash today. not too bad really. takes about an hour all in all. remove the aforementioned dash piece. then unscrew the 7mm bolts around the trim. that's basically all you have to do the entire way around. let me know if you have any more problems.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would you remove the top part of the dash? Atleast while its out prep it for paint :)

Install it then paint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo