Newb Q... Identifying SSV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hollant

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So a local lot has a low option Hoe that they say was a government vehicle. Low miles, Low hours, only option that I can tell is heavy duty towing and integrated brake controller. The auto check and carfax show ZERO owners on a 2011 60K mile truck as if it had never been registered or titled.

What do I need to look for?

Are there any heavy duty parts I can easily recognize?

Are there any build codes I should look for?

I used to be a nut for the old Special Service Mustangs... have had a couple including an awesome DEA coupe hot rod! Anyway, my mustang days are behind me, but this truck intrigues me...

Thanks for the help in advance.

MidwestMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look in the glove compartment for the RPO Codes.

5W4 - SPECIAL SERVICES VEHICLE PKG
1FL - SPECIAL SERVICES PACKAGE

Can also look for some the "cop codes"
6J3 - SEO-WIRING PROV, GRILLE LIGHTS AND
SPEAKERS
6J4 - SE0-WIRING PROV, HORN/SIREN 6J7 - SE0-FLASHER SYSTEM
6N5 - SE0-RR WINDOW SWITCHES INOP. 6N6 - SE0-REAR DOOR LOCK INOP.

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
Look in the glove compartment for the RPO Codes.

5W4 - SPECIAL SERVICES VEHICLE PKG
1FL - SPECIAL SERVICES PACKAGE

Can also look for some the "cop codes"
6J3 - SEO-WIRING PROV, GRILLE LIGHTS AND
SPEAKERS
6J4 - SE0-WIRING PROV, HORN/SIREN 6J7 - SE0-FLASHER SYSTEM
6N5 - SE0-RR WINDOW SWITCHES INOP. 6N6 - SE0-REAR DOOR LOCK INOP.

If the rear windows and inside door latch are inop, it's an easy fix. Get the power window switches off ebay or gmpartsdirect or rock auto. There is a dummy switch in place. Remove that and put the factory switch in. The harness is there, just connect it. The cable is already in there for the door handle. It looks like a bicycle brake cable. All you have to do is pull the door panel off and connect it. Rear shoulder belts are behind the pillar cover, still rolled up and zip tied in place. All you have to do is order the seat belt anchor bolts. Get OEM anchor bolts, not regular bolts from a hardware store. They don't cost that much. It's really easy stuff to correct.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rddixon