New wheels & rebuilt motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Da90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got my truck back from getting the motor rebuilt. Nothing special just bored .30 over, new heads with roller rockers and valve springs. Got to see what it looks like with it lowered 2/4 with my new rims and tires. Went with Nitto tires. As I was driving back to the house to mount the rims the right front brake locked up. I spent my Friday night putting all new front brakes with lines and bearings. The motor feels good with the 4l60E that has less than 10k miles on it. Next is to finish up any loose ends. I will post pics of the finished interior and detailed engine bay soon! It's going to be a busy month moving jobs and trying to finish up my truck!

picture.jpg

Last edited:

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
you mean 4l60e. 4l80e is completly different. DO yourself a favor put 4.10 gears and a eaton posi in rear the truck will do much better. id slap in a 3200 or 3400 yank stall converter which will make it 10x better out the hole. I do alot of those trucks.

OP
OP
Da90

Da90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought it was an 80E I will have to get under it and check. Your prob right! It was built for a 2500/383 4x4 with 8" lift forgot what tires. But I know it has a different converter but not sure what stall. 2nd gear is nasty! I know it will bark the tires off with out even giving it 1/2 throttle. The guy who does the tech school where I live built it for a buddy of mine. It was dyno tested right before I got it. I know when I had it put in they had to do quite a bit of work to it just to get it to bolt up to my truck. I have a write up on what internals somewhere also with what they had to do to get it to bolt up. The rear end is next just kinda ran out of money to sink into this thing!

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
nope all of them have 4l60es. now if you did a 4l80e swap its a completly different computer on there or if you slapped a big block from a suburban in there then it has a 4l80e on it. I just finished a 98 2 door with a ls2 swap and a built trans with a yank ptb3600 and a 100 shot. Runs pretty hard and lost to my wifes trailblazer 3 times from a roll about 3 car length and hers ran a 11.9 on a 50 shot.

98hoe

Reaction score
love the hoe man... i like the way she sits an the wheels an tires are sick... gud job

OP
OP
Da90

Da90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the props and Norcal you were right it is a 4l60E! I should have known that I feel stupid now! :emotions122:

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i know these trucks really well. started on them back in 93.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jcruz71