New to the site and new to SSV Tahoes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
HAHA so many questions as I think about them. I have the tow haul switch. Does this mean my truck has it. Even though it does not have the factory Brake controller switch? I already hooked up the wires to the studs in the engine bay.

View attachment 190108 View attachment 190109 View attachment 190110

Thanks. To bad this is the 4spd. I didn't know the 6spd came out a year or 2 later

Hey welcome from NY...;) just a few added comments....
Tow/haul does same job on 4sp as it does on 6sp, basically keeps it out of overdrive and a slightly diff shift points. The red wires not hooked up are really to charge battery in a trailer and for interior lights on a trailer and not to power brake controller. if you have a trailer hooked up with interior lights or a battery and use interior lights on a trailer be careful because if the tahoe isn’t running it will kill the battery and if the trailer battery is low it will drain the tahoes battery ....
These trucks do well in the snow, i dont even use 4wd sometimes, depends on what im doing, where i am and if the conditions really call for it. Good luck with it

CHOWDERHEAD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wow! Cool. I live in Mass and I bought a EX Vermont Crown Vic Interceptor about 3 years ago. I’ve since sold it. But it was a great car. They do take care of their fleet and considering it’s Vermont it’s not gonna be that severe usage.

I now have a 2011 PPV but should have gotten an SSV. I pretty much rebuilt a good portion of my interior. I put in aftermarket carpet. Not worth it. If you do it, get used OEM. I installed new driver seat cover and cushion. I also replaced my entire dash due to several cracks. That’s a little labor intensive and $400 new. The B-pillar trim holes are indeed from a cage/divider. I also replaced those trim pieces because holes drive me crazy. Those are pretty easy to replace. I wanna say they were $60 each.

I assume you put that center console in?

This is mine. F7CE5CC1-51B1-41C4-84E9-C967039B58C2.jpeg

CHOWDERHEAD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Unfortunately now I’m having tranny issues and it’s the 6 speed tranny.

CHOWDERHEAD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently did a Trans drain and fill. The tranny fluid looked good when I dumped it.

Got a P0796 code for solenoid #3 sticking.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I went with this. I took a chance being that it was cheap and had a back up camera as part of the package. https://www.crutchfield.com/p_104BN965BL/Boss-BN965BLC.html?tp=20212

It's definitely a lot less expensive, I paid $600 for a used OEM one, the price of those new is kinda ridiculous ($2,350). So we'll see how that works.

At first I thought the camera was going into the rear bumper, there's a square 'cover' that I don't have an idea what it is. (maybe part of the 'backup assist'.)

IMG_20180114_155824641.jpg

14PPVHOE

Reaction score
That's a great looking Tahoe ! Wish mine was available that colour.

I didn't like white, so I bought a '14 2WD PPV in black. I've got
some holes as well and simply use rubber plugs to hide them.
I'll eventually replace the plastic pillars - can't stand those
holes either.........!

March 19, 2018 (2).JPG P2220697.JPG P2220693.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157