New to the site and new to SSV Tahoes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like your SSV Tahoe was well maintained..Nice find..Your Mustang looks showroom new!! Nice job on it.

Welcome from Miami Beach Jason!!

OP
OP
J

jkssv08tahoe

Reaction score
I don't seethe holes. I did see that you have the nice radio though, with the navigation?

I just posted pictures of the holes. Not a nice radio. Found the cheapest thing on Crutchfield That was a mistake. Yes it has Navigation. But can't find my house when I put the address in. It wants to take me to another town lol. Plus it can not find me on Long Island expressway or I-495. It keeps thinking I am on the service road. I'll have to get something better this year.

OP
OP
J

jkssv08tahoe

Reaction score
The tow button on your shifter is like an O/D button. If you push it, it will keep you in 5th instead of shifting into 6th while pulling a hill. Great for towing to bring the load down on the engine while pulling a hill or decelerating

Thanks. To bad this is the 4spd. I didn't know the 6spd came out a year or 2 later

OP
OP
J

jkssv08tahoe

Reaction score
Looks like your SSV Tahoe was well maintained..Nice find..Your Mustang looks showroom new!! Nice job on it.

Welcome from Miami Beach Jason!!

Thank you. My father Lives in Naples Fl. I love going down to visit and hanging out in Fl. The last time I was down in Fl. I went over to Steeda performance in Pompano Beach for a little fun for one of the cars I have

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just posted pictures of the holes. Not a nice radio. Found the cheapest thing on Crutchfield That was a mistake. Yes it has Navigation. But can't find my house when I put the address in. It wants to take me to another town lol. Plus it can not find me on Long Island expressway or I-495. It keeps thinking I am on the service road. I'll have to get something better this year.

oops... I am still thinking about what radio to get, I lean to getting the factory one, but there is probably a better one. I use one of these garmin GPS ones (hand held) I would like a radio/nav system that uses garmin. The only things wrong with it, is not really wrong. It has an issue with pronouncing Spanish names, and when I have it drive me home.. it says "arriving at home, in 300 ft, on the left" *lol* I think that's funny.

Nygator

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I see you said the Long Island express way I live on Long Island I remember looking at that truck you have there . I am a dealer I buy a lot of trucks for the state of Vermont. For the most part they do a good job of keeping there trucks clean and in good repair. Also with a lot of there trucks they sell they will be ideal for months before they sell and they move parts to others they have still on the road .

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score

So I assume the radio/nav is not the OEM one, that is used with an 'upgraded' tahoe?