New to the game, lifting 1999 obs Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenaliWizard69

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I've recently acquired a 1999 Yukon Denali, and I'd love to start modifying it. Other car is a 2008 audi a4, lowered on coilover suspension (installed it myself), so I'm new to all this.

The 'nali really needs a suspension refresh and I really, really want to lift it while I'm in there. I'm not planning on doing any hard riding with this truck, it's going to be my daily. So the lift is really just for looks (at least I can admit it), and because I need new suspension anyways. I want the lift to be noticeable, but cheap.

I know I'm going to upgrade suspension anyways cuz everything needs to be replaced, and I probably will want to do a body lift because I'm cheap and I'll take any increase in height. I'm also looking at upgrading wheels/tires down the road. Mainly I'm looking at getting the most inches for my dollar. I have other projects I would rather dump cash into.

Anyways can someone please tell me what I should look at getting?
Can I piece together components for cheaper than a kit? If so, how?
Please provide links if you're going to suggest parts/kits.

Thank you all so much, I'm really looking forward to my build. I'll be sure to update with pictures as I modify my vehicle. Also, feel free to post pictures of your own if you want to show an example of an obs with a particular lift. thanks again yall

OP
OP
D

DenaliWizard69

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
bump.

to simplify my question: Can I piece together a suspension lift (3 inch and up) for cheaper than buying an off the shelf kit?

I'm thinking that I could buy upgraded shocks separately, but I'm not sure what all goes into a lift kit.

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
RCX will give you 10% if you buy direct from them and post pics on here when u are done

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ruzic99

Latest posts