New to NBS few issues. Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DefendHawaii

Snake Eater
Reaction score
I have a 2000 5.3 Suburban. I got it really cheap. It has a few issues with it though. I have test drove it all that stuff it drives smooth idles good and from what I can tell so far no leaks. However my ABS and Ebrake light are on all time. I thought maybe fluids are low I filled the brake fluid and ya still on.? Also the Service engine light is on. So I went and got it scanner from Oreilly and ran it. This is the code that came up?

c6e4de68-a465-4d1a.jpg

c6e4de68-a47e-00c9.jpg

So that Cat and Eva icons were flashing? I am tryin to figure what could be my big issues? The tranny is new, the battery and the power steering are all new.

Is there anyone with some insight?

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
p0171- Last time it had tune up(plugs and wires)? I'd start off with cleaning the MAF with MAF cleaner, don't touch it, let it air dry. And clean throttle body while you're there. Might also be intake manifold gaskets. Check for leaks.
ABS and Ebrake light- could be ABS module going bad.

Last edited:

robrr44

Reaction score
Common Problems That Trigger the P0171 and P0174 Code

PCM software needs to be updated

Vacuum leaks (Intake Manifold Gaskets, vacuum hoses, PCV hoses, etc.)

Mass Airflow Sensor (MAF)
Plugged Fuel Filter or weak Fuel Pump
Plugged or dirty Fuel Injectors

OP
OP
DefendHawaii

DefendHawaii

Snake Eater
Reaction score
How can I update my PCM software?

I am gonna run seafoam then through it this weekend. It idles really smooth starts up is good though it seems a little hesitant I though maybe an injector was dirty.

Oh does anyone know how hard it is to convert from manual to electric windows? I have leather interior with the bench seat in front and it is stuck with manual windows!

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You got a smoking deal on that suburban, even if it has a few problems!! For the software, I believe the dealership can reflash everything and that could solve your problem!! I know that BB does tune PCM's but not sure if they would be the same as what the dealer can do!! Email Jenna on here, if that's something that they can fix through a tune, then your money would be very well spent!!
Wish I could help you with the windows, anything is possible but I wouldn't even know where to begin!!

OP
OP
DefendHawaii

DefendHawaii

Snake Eater
Reaction score
For windows could I just go to the JY pull some power window door insides from a wrecked say 03 hoe? There is one down in a JY near me that is being parted out.

Oh how much is it to flash at the dealership?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For windows could I just go to the JY pull some power window door insides from a wrecked say 03 hoe? There is one down in a JY near me that is being parted out.

That'd be a good start. From there I'm not sure what's involved with getting it wired properly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmily8474