New steering wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Red Rocket , I'm not sold on the autowoods route. For the price tag I think his leather quality could be better. From the photos he emailed me the leather looked like plastic. I'm stuck because I want to have the woodgrain around my steering wheel but can't find anyone in the socal area to do the work. And I'm not sold on buying a wheel from autowoods. And I don't want to send my steering wheel to him when I get the new one. I can sell it for more than the core charge. Lol.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that I like! Not a cheap option though.
No it's not but they're damn nice steering wheels! You can tell its hand stitched leather and both the leather and wood grain are an exact match.
@Red Rocket , I'm not sold on the autowoods route. For the price tag I think his leather quality could be better. From the photos he emailed me the leather looked like plastic. I'm stuck because I want to have the woodgrain around my steering wheel but can't find anyone in the socal area to do the work. And I'm not sold on buying a wheel from autowoods. And I don't want to send my steering wheel to him when I get the new one. I can sell it for more than the core charge. Lol.
Im not sure what you see in the pictures he sent you. I looked at his photos online and the leather looked great. It DOES look great. It IS high quality leather and doesn't look "like plastic". Here's a closeup. Sorry mines a bit dirty right now. And if you don't wanna send him the core, don'timage.jpeg ! Sell yours by yourself. He just won't send your core charge back. That's how a core charge works.

donovandavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with most on here. Nardi's are super nice and high quality, a buddy of mine has one in his old 944 Porsche. Just doesn't belong in a gm suv in my opinion, but if you like it that's all that matters!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
branflakezz

branflakezz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I agree with most on here. Nardi's are super nice and high quality, a buddy of mine has one in his old 944 Porsche. Just doesn't belong in a gm suv in my opinion, but if you like it that's all that matters!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
branflakezz

branflakezz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah I know it's odd to see one in an suv haha. But I plan to do something different with that truck. I like this community but to be honest I just see the same thing done with these trucks, not to say that there's anything wrong with that. it's probably just the aftermarket support. But overall I think it will be refreshing to see a whole different style adapted to these trucks.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know it's odd to see one in an suv haha. But I plan to do something different with that truck. I like this community but to be honest I just see the same thing done with these trucks, not to say that there's anything wrong with that. it's probably just the aftermarket support. But overall I think it will be refreshing to see a whole different style adapted to these trucks.
Well now adding an aftermarket steering wheel isn't really pushing the envelope! But if you like it that's cool. Ive seen these before in a SUV so it's nothing new, just looks out of place like others have said.

OP
OP
branflakezz

branflakezz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well now adding an aftermarket steering wheel isn't really pushing the envelope! But if you like it that's cool. Ive seen these before in a SUV so it's nothing new, just looks out of place like others have said.
Of course it's not pushing the envelope but it's a step to getting there. I think the steering wheel will look more at home once I get a set of recaros from an evo X. I guess that will hint at the direction I'm planning for my build :) .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401