new radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i got a new radio, alpine cde 123. is there anything special i gotta know about installing it? i know theres a separte amp for the rear doors will all of that work still? never done a radio install

thanks and merry christmas to everyone!

86mk7

Reaction score
i believe theres a spare blue wire in the harness that needs hooked up for the rear amp. although i thought it was for the rear roof speakers.

i just hooked up the normal wires for power,ground,assy and remote and 4 speakers. and all my speakers work fine. i thought all yukons had the amp but i dont think mine does. lol

sorri not much help. the adapter harness should all be marked for what goes were. i always test for constant power and assy tho since some stereos have them backwords

OP
OP
the big blue bus

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for tip. im going to order the adapter to mount the radio today and the radio adapter since i think i need one for the antena. im going to pick up the other plug from auto zone so i can just plug it all in to stock harness and not cut that up. will make it easier and cleaner to me.

so all should work then? im going to get the harness all done today if they have it and give it a try. going to cut hole in back of cubby under ac controls and put ipod cord through there. love that this radio has front and rear usb thats what i picked it out and its blue lol to match all my interoir leds

OP
OP
the big blue bus

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got it all intoday and ipod chord in the cubby under ac looks nice.. onlything is the rear doors dont work :/how do yall bypass the stock amp?

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

got it figured out just rand a wire from ign + to the amp

OP
OP
the big blue bus

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i ran a wire to the orange in the plug that goes into the amp then i ran that to the fuse box where i put my cb in so it was on with key but it was keeping the radio on sometimes after i pulled key out. it would do that too if i turned my cb radio off. should i find a new spot to get key only power? idk why it would do that

added pics of install. kinda a step by step of some sort

Attachments

• P1020014.jpg
    P1020014.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 19
  • P1020015.jpg
    P1020015.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 21
  • P1020016.jpg
    P1020016.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 19
  • P1020017.jpg
    P1020017.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 20
  • P1020018.jpg
    P1020018.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
OP
OP
the big blue bus

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
more..

all in all not too bad for my first install. maybe 2 hrs or 3 but i get distracted easily lol and my buddy was over so i was helping him 4high his dakota in the time i was doing my radio. longest was the harness just soldering it all up. then plug it in and all works but rear doors :/ drilled a hole in back of the cubby and ran the ipod cable there. they gave me so much i could prob run it to the glove box bt i like the location right now its nice and clean. all the stuff was picked up at auto zone besides the radio was real happy when they had all i needed and i had gift card there

Attachments

• P1020019.jpg
    P1020019.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 20
  • P1020020.jpg
    P1020020.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
OP
OP
the big blue bus

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
night time shot...

did some messing around and found out the amp gets power when the radio is on tunner but in the other functions its not so i ran a wire from the power connector on the amp plug to the remote wire from headunit and solved that problem.

Attachments

• P1020023.jpg
    P1020023.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 10