new look

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
the big blue bus

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i decranked after i got the 1.5 cuz i didnt have block but i have block comming now and i just recranked it. all i need is the 1.5 inches. the steering was loose last night before i cranked. its pulled to right for a while i think idler arm is bad thats where im gettin the play in it. ill wait till breaks over and change it in shop class and get alignment then too since thats what we are doing right now in class. perfect time eh haha. anyone know what size the nuts that hold on u bolts are? are they 3/4 or what?

the lmc bumper is pretty good for made in tawian. bottome edge is kinda scratchy looking and if you notice the bumper almost smiles and is higer on sides but that might be my brackets and it was too cold to mess with it all that much. its was only 150 for the bumper if you found a gm bumper id prob fit better which was what i was looking for but never found one for sale locally

added picture of the front cranked and rear on jack raised 2 inches. you can kinda see my whip on bumper

Attachments

• 1228101337.jpg
    1228101337.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

arveetek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm digging the diesel bumper! You might be fooling some of the true diesel guys though....GM never made a diesel 4 door Tahoe! Some guys will probably be scratching their heads when they see you drive down the road. "Is that a diesel?"

Are you going to put some lights in the air intake holes?

Casey

OP
OP
the big blue bus

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes i have some to put in just need to figure out how to mount em....

got rear bumper raised today and 4500k hids installed. tomorrow doing the rear block. its looking real good now im pretty happy with it.

Attachments

• bumper raised.jpg
    bumper raised.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 23
  • bumper raised 2.jpg
    bumper raised 2.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 22
OP
OP
the big blue bus

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got the block in yesturday had to cut old u bolts but not too bad. looks good now i need tires haha i will get pics with the block later we finsihed last ngiht wehn it was dark out

Attachments

• 1230101555a.jpg
    1230101555a.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 18
  • downsize.jpg
    downsize.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 18

TahoeJim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good, I've been wanting to get the same bumper but was unsure of the quality of LMC's stuff.

the lmc bumper is pretty good for made in tawian. bottome edge is kinda scratchy looking and if you notice the bumper almost smiles and is higer on sides but that might be my brackets and it was too cold to mess with it all that much.

LMC makes 2 series of bumpers....Premium Chrome or Regular Chrome (or primer). Quite a bit of difference on paper, details are here..

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/csd/full.aspx?Page=20

Big blue, do you know if your bumper is the premium or regular line?

TahoeJim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks plenty good from the pics, I may order the less expensive one too this coming Spring.

OP
OP
the big blue bus

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its plenty good for mine. mines to show truck haha ive got so many scratches dings etc a bumper thats a tiny bit off doesnt bother me. the bottome edge is kinda poor finish but you dont see it so it doesnt bother me and this bumpers wayt better than the dented up one i had so im happy

anyone know good place to get cheap rear bumper? i want to get a good one and do this...
h-auxilary-back-up-lights-heise-park-and-bingo-003.jpg

Last edited:

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
other than buying a new cheap one, junk yard or craigslist. BUT good luck finding one thats not rusted in pieces.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cateyeburb