NEW LIGHT Set up on my 98 Yukon!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Arctic-Rodz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They finally got here and I installed them. Lights are from ebay. They are black inside the housing with clear lenses. The corner lenses are smoked. $95 shipped all 8 pieces.

The lights look great, the aftermarket base where the headlights sit on sucked! When I put them on they would wiggle. So I pulled em off the base and put them on the OEM headlight base and that fixed it. The lights are solid, and dont move at all now that they are on the OEM bases. The corner lenses were fine and so were the bumper lights.

BeforeDSCN0157.jpg

After
SSPX0239.jpg

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

here it is closer and from a different angle.... and i like it better without that old brushguard too

SSPX0240.jpg

OP
OP
Arctic-Rodz

Arctic-Rodz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks, it was tough to see with the stock lights already. I thought about getting the original ones polished but i wanted a new look on the yukon. Im using silverstar ultra light bulbs. Nice bright light. Satisfied

jayman8200

Reaction score
i have been thinking about getting those silverstar ultras...do you notice a great difference with them? i know the reg silverstars are like 35% brighter and the ultras are 50%....where did you get the lenses from?

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Woah, that's a big fail in my book. The lights look sweet but please god put that brush guard back on it looked sweet.

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was hoping that you would post pics, so we could see what it looks like....Thanks!

I really like how the headlights look! That's classy, and the look that I'm aiming for.

But the bumper lights(why are they called bumper lights when they are not on the bumper?) have that chrome/plastic ring around them. Your old oem's had a black ring. The chrome is too shiney, and IMO the black ring would look better. Have you noticed if you can remove the chrome, or replace it with the old black oem? I've never taken my oem bumber ligths apart, so I may be asking a dumb question.. I guess the chrome could be painted flat black too.

Next question, have you noticed if the black portions have dimmed your light output as noted by other members who bought all black lights? Or is there enough chrome reflector to keep the headlights bright?

Thanks for posting the pics!

OP
OP
Arctic-Rodz

Arctic-Rodz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have been thinking about getting those silverstar ultras...do you notice a great difference with them? i know the reg silverstars are like 35% brighter and the ultras are 50%....where did you get the lenses from?

I havent used the 35% silverstars but having gone from plain jane bulbs to the 50% lights its a world apart!!
The lights are from ebay. Item # 270533927838

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

Woah, that's a big fail in my book. The lights look sweet but please god put that brush guard back on it looked sweet.

Ill have to disagree with you on the brushguard, it was old and bent. Im gonna look for a light bar, or try to find a replacement one like the one you have. That looks cool

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

I was hoping that you would post pics, so we could see what it looks like....Thanks!

I really like how the headlights look! That's classy, and the look that I'm aiming for.

But the bumper lights(why are they called bumper lights when they are not on the bumper?) have that chrome/plastic ring around them. Your old oem's had a black ring. The chrome is too shiney, and IMO the black ring would look better. Have you noticed if you can remove the chrome, or replace it with the old black oem? I've never taken my oem bumber ligths apart, so I may be asking a dumb question.. I guess the chrome could be painted flat black too.

Next question, have you noticed if the black portions have dimmed your light output as noted by other members who bought all black lights? Or is there enough chrome reflector to keep the headlights bright?

Thanks for posting the pics!

I have no idea why they call em bumper lights, my thoughts exactly, theyre not on the bumper. Im not sure about the black ring in the stock lights. The lights are really nice and bright. Part of it is those silverstar ultras. But if you notice on the pic with the new headlights. The lenses are clear, the lower and upper part inside of the headlights and blinkers (bumper lights) are black. The area around (left and right) to the light bulb itself is chrome or reflective so those black areas inside the light dont affect the light output like smoked lights do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB12