New HUB Assy now ABS and Service Brake lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joshuasvt

Reaction score
I had a bad wheel bearing, so today I replaced the front left hub assembly with a MOOG 515036.

Also changed brake pads and rotors on both sides.

I put everything back together and bled the front brakes, but now I'm getting ABS, Parking Brake light and a "Service Brake System" message. My BlueDriver says it's the front left ABS something, but then it disappeared, so I don't remember the code exactly.

What should I do from here?

Is this something dumb like I only replaced one hub assy so the module thinks the other one is bad?

Or I didn't bleed the brakes properly?

I didn't kink any wires, but I'm pulling the wheel off again tomorrow to double check the harness.

Any advise would be helpful guys. If I cannot figure it out, it's going to the mechanic.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
check the front left hub abs senor harness, check the connectors to be sure they are clean, if it is snug and looks good then swap your old abs sensor on and see if that is the issue, I have seen the abs sensors be bad out of the box before.

OP
OP
Joshuasvt

Joshuasvt

Reaction score
check the front left hub abs senor harness, check the connectors to be sure they are clean, if it is snug and looks good then swap your old abs sensor on and see if that is the issue, I have seen the abs sensors be bad out of the box before.

I replaced the sensor with the known good sensor and I'm still getting the warning.

What should I check from here? The harness?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
did you reset (clear) the abs code? I'm not sure if it the abs light will just go out on it's own, I'm thinking it has to be cleared with a scanner but I could be wrong.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It should go off on its own. Have you tried test driving the vehicle? Also, servicing the brake pads and rotors will have no effect on the brake system warnings. The only things that will through a light is speed sensors, brake fluid, abs module and parking brake pedal sensor.

OP
OP
Joshuasvt

Joshuasvt

Reaction score
I reset the code. Also disconnected the battery for 30ish minutes. Brake fluid is level. I've driven the vehicle about 20 miles.
Code is still there...
C0035 LF wheel speed sensor circuit malfunction

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d check the harness then. Make sure there wasn’t anything that got pushed in the terminal or anything damaged the wiring. Maybe when it was pulled apart.
Are you sure the “known good” sensor is good? You may have got a crap unit fresh from the box. It unfortunately happens.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is just a long shot but maybe check your ABS fuse's also, if you have a multimeter there should be a specific ohm reading you should get from your harness to the body, if everything else is fine maybe the hub is bad inside, does your scanner do live data? if so you should be able to see the feed from the sensor as the wheel spins if it does not match the others or is erratic then something is screwy.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I lowered mine, had them disconnected. It took about 50-75 miles of driving before the codes went away. They wouldn't clear with 3 different scanners, showed as zero wheel speed in the meantime.

OP
OP
Joshuasvt

Joshuasvt

Reaction score
Thank you for the input guys. I'm putting it all back together now. The fuse is good. Going to do a live reading in a bit.

From here I'm going to drive it to work all week (40 mile round trip per day). If it doesn't clear up by next weekend its going to the shop.

On a side note... this is frustrating as hell lol