New guy from Virginia

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phideaux

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Recently got a 2013 Chevy Tahoe and having unintended acceleration trouble so I thought I'd do some research. Previously owned a 92 Blazer Tahoe 2 door that was strong as a tank-did over 230,000 miles in it.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Recently got a 2013 Chevy Tahoe and having unintended acceleration trouble so I thought I'd do some research. Previously owned a 92 Blazer Tahoe 2 door that was strong as a tank-did over 230,000 miles in it.
Welcome from Miami Beach!

Post any issues you have in the 2007-2014 section. Thank You!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

'having unintended acceleration trouble' - Please e4xplaing in greater detail, so that we can better understand your issue.

OP
OP
P

Phideaux

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

'having unintended acceleration trouble' - Please e4xplaing in greater detail, so that we can better understand your issue.
After driving for maybe an hour motor will suddenly rev up to 2000-3000 rpm, I ease off the peddle and it will still accelerate uphill. Doesn't happen all the time but more typically it will rev when I put in park, tapping the peddle doesn't cure the problem, Bought it used with 217,000 miles on it, found out later that an EMS agency in NC owned it before. Don't know if it is a computer problem or tranny or sensor. I'm an old fart, I remember popping a hood and seeing asphalt under the motor, not knowledgeable about code readers and all that stuff. This really sounds like a friendly board. Thanks for the welcome!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I would lean toward a problem with cruise control first. Find the fuse/relay for that and pull it and see if you still experience the problem. I like the old stuff too and my NBS 2005 is as new as I want to deal with. I looked at newer and thankfully, they just were never comfortable to drive and I stayed with my NBS and will never buy newer. Report back, please, with any results.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia