New edelbrock shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Press down on corner of the vehicle. They should normally let the vehicle rise and then drop down to its resting place and stop fairly quickly. If it just bounces up and down for more than that or if they are leaking then they are likely broke.

OP
OP
dsltrc

dsltrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pushed on the front bumper up and down and when I let go the front bounced a few times after... But I noticed when I was driving that the front didn't feel firm and when on the highway when I hit a bump the front would almost shake.. Ordered my Bilsteins yesterday

Last edited:
OP
OP
dsltrc

dsltrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I replaced the shocks today, found that the drivers side shock is still good but the passenger shock is broken and when unbolted it shot out the piston and puked out the oil...

So if anyone wants a good front shock with 15,000 miles on it shoot me a message

6dd78a5921f1d7c6b19695a09eed72a4_zpsd6be837a.jpg
fc8e86e580fb047503cc2af9ca01f024_zpsb4dda31d.jpg
ec9994a5413b4190d18457d2180aba57_zps65e3e198.jpg

Dryfly

Reaction score
What kind of ride are you hoping for in the shocks that you selected? Reason I ask is that know I need shocks in my 99 Yukon SLT ( i believe that what i have are originals w/168K) but have no clue as what to get. I would like to have that new ride that GM is so famous for in their full-size SUVs. I don't know if it's possible, but I've been in trucks that ride hard. I'd like to have a firm, but comfy highway and still hold together when crossing fields or unpaved roads. Any suggestions?
Also, aside from replacing pitaman arms (already did that last year) what other elements should I look at replacing-springs, torsion bars, ball joints, etc?

OP
OP
dsltrc

dsltrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We'll, funny thing.. I just traded in my yukon on an 2004 suburban Z71 about 2 hours ago.. Bit to answer your question, go with the Bilsteins as there is not much you can do to change how your truck rides other than that.. Maybe replaceing all of the rubber bushings would help too.

Dryfly

Reaction score
We'll, funny thing.. I just traded in my yukon on an 2004 suburban Z71 about 2 hours ago.. Bit to answer your question, go with the Bilsteins as there is not much you can do to change how your truck rides other than that.. Maybe replaceing all of the rubber bushings would help too.

4600 series, I presume, since mine is not lifted? Comfort or the regular 4600 series? Or is there another series that I'm missing?

I like your new ride. Nice looking too

Tahoe442

Reaction score
Dryfly I recommend Monroe sensa trac. Best shocks I've ever run. Replaced a newer set of bilsteins with them and glad I made the swap. Much smoother ride with firm control

Dryfly

Reaction score
Taho442 thanks. I have other questions about the suspension improvements but I'll take them to a new thread so as not to hijack this post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DB1337

Latest posts