New battery install, question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a new battery installed at the dealer for our 2019. Noticed that behind the passenger seat the floor mat was pulled out and our junk that we had stuffed under that seat was lying on the floor. Is there a module or something that would need unplugged or reflashed for the install? Noticed the radio was way off the usual setttings but the presets were still correct. Just seems odd. And I've noticed the volt gauge on the dash is reading a bit higher than normal, over 14v, usually right on 14 cold or just below when all warmed up, that worries me a bit. Not losing sleep over this but wondering.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The gauge readings are nothing to worry about but the radio not losing pre sets surprises me unless they put a maintainer on there during the battery swap. I think the maintainer would just plug in to the cig lighter or power port when doing the battery swap. The stuff under the seat is what would piss me off. Ask them why and report back what they said.

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just replaced the battery in my wifes 2015 Yukon, no need to be in the back seat area. Removed the old, drop in the new one and it's done. Didn't lose any presets at all, but the horn chirp when connecting the cables scared the Sh$# out of me, :p

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a new battery installed at the dealer for our 2019. Noticed that behind the passenger seat the floor mat was pulled out and our junk that we had stuffed under that seat was lying on the floor. Is there a module or something that would need unplugged or reflashed for the install? Noticed the radio was way off the usual setttings but the presets were still correct. Just seems odd. And I've noticed the volt gauge on the dash is reading a bit higher than normal, over 14v, usually right on 14 cold or just below when all warmed up, that worries me a bit. Not losing sleep over this but wondering.
volt gauge is going to behave different with a fresh battery, you were probably just used to the old one being not 100% anymore.
maybe the tech dropped a tool or something between the seat and had to get to it from below? who knows anything in the world could have happened

OP
OP
tom3

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wondering how fresh the new battery actually is. It is kind of dusty on top so.... Searched around for date coding info but nothing matches up with what I see on the new battery.
Numbers I see on the battery are: stamped on top E20ER (or E2QER), stamped on side 2DO7CSJB (not a very clear stamping). On a sticker on top Mod. 48GHR with 082R below and SN 09061.
The sticker itself is actually conforming to regs. as of 2/2021 which probably doesn't mean a whole lot.

Can anyone de-cipher this to come up the actual date of manufacture?

Still seeing 15 volts charging most of the time with it. Warranty is out on this machine and I don't even want to think what a new alternator costs these days. Low resistance in a big battery with a high amp charging system is usually not good.

Mando6point2

Reaction score
Wondering how fresh the new battery actually is. It is kind of dusty on top so.... Searched around for date coding info but nothing matches up with what I see on the new battery.
Numbers I see on the battery are: stamped on top E20ER (or E2QER), stamped on side 2DO7CSJB (not a very clear stamping). On a sticker on top Mod. 48GHR with 082R below and SN 09061.
The sticker itself is actually conforming to regs. as of 2/2021 which probably doesn't mean a whole lot.

Can anyone de-cipher this to come up the actual date of manufacture?

Still seeing 15 volts charging most of the time with it. Warranty is out on this machine and I don't even want to think what a new alternator costs these days. Low resistance in a big battery with a high amp charging system is usually not good.
mine will sometimes sit at 15v but will eventually come down to 12-13v. think its just the voltage regulator doing its job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StayStoney