New, and new to trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
Hello, my name is Connor. I'm from Salt Lake City, Utah, but my wife, son, and I currently reside in Chesapeake, VA. I just bought a silver birch 2007 Chevy Tahoe 1LT (according to www.compnine.com) 4x4 with the 5.3 litre engine in the end of March. I ended up trading my 2006 Chevy Cobalt SS Supercharged for it. Although I miss that car, and the 40 mpg highway I was getting from it (thanks to a pulley swap, injectors, and an awesome tune that still allowed Corvette-like performance) I desperately needed the extra room the Tahoe provides due to having a recent addition to my family. In adition to the extra space, I was attracted to the Tahoe because of its ability to tow adequate loads for my needs. This is important because my wife is a nurse in the Navy's Nurse Corp. Because she isn't considered "fleet" she isn't assigned to a ship, hence we have to relocate every 3 years. She isn't one to appreciate a long distance drive, so I find it easier to throw her car (a 2007 Chevy Cobalt SS sedan) on a trailer and do the driving myself.

This is my first truck, ever. I'm familiar with all sorts of setups on cars, but I love how much space there is under the hood of the Tahoe. It really makes working on it much easier. I've already replaced the waterpump and performed a tune up in my driveway. It was ridiculously easy compared to the Saab-in-Chevy-skin I just traded for this truck. I've already started looking at various projects I can do to make this truck "mine," including lift kits, accessories, supercharger setups, etc. Right now I'm focused on upgrading some of the features my truck has, such as sat/nav radio, xm, rear dvd, remote start, trailering hardware, etc. I'm also looking into some differences between the current setup and PPV and SSV hardware, and whether or not it is going to be useful (read: brakes, power steering cooler, engine oil cooler, sway bars, 160 amp alternator, etc). If you have any experience or knowledge in these areas I would greatly appreciate any assistance you can provide or knowledge you are willing to share.

I joined this forum because everytime I conducted a Google search for information pertaining to my truck this forum was one of the first results I would end up with. The information I would then find on here would prove to be very useful and valuable. Thanks goes to you guys for being very helpful already. I hope to get to know some of you guys better as I maintain my membership on here, and as my family an I move all over the country.

Now, it's late and, I have work tomorrow. I guess it's best I move along since I need to add this forum to my tapatalk app on my phone. Good night, and I'll talk to you soon.

Sincerely,
Connor

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. I've got plenty of pictures of both Cobalts. Still need to take pictures of the 'Hoe.

A little video my wife took of me running at the Salt Flats in my supercharged Cobalt. (Note: The sound of a motor is not my car, but a barstool with a little motor. Also, first markers you see in the distance are only 2/10ths of a mile from the starting line. Finish line was at 1 mile.):
th_MOV01493.jpg
Here's some pictures of me cruising The Tail of The Dragon:
TOTD-2.jpg
TOTD-1.jpg
TOTD-3.jpg
Proof I made it into the 130 MPH Club:
DSC01506-1-1.gif
Cruising in Denver:
highway.jpg
The Bonneville Salt Flats the morning I made it into the 130 MPH Club:
DSC01496.jpg
A little bit of drag racing action (I did beat the SRT-4 for the 1st place trophy):
DSC00688.jpg
Yes, I did run slicks:
01-29-08_1312.jpg
Both Cobalts posing just outside Salt Lake City:
DSC00778-1.jpg
DSC00778-1.jpg

Looks like I need to get some pictures of the 'Hoe now.

Atomic, what supercharger setup are you going with on your project? I'm looking at the HPE500 kit made by Hennessey using the TVS 1900, but I think he charges too much. I'm wondering if there are other options out there.

Blue, I love your look. I was acually looking for a 05-06 GMT-800 Z71, but for the price I got the GMT-900 for I couldn't pass up the deal. But, there's still love in the family. My sister has a dark grey 05 Yukon.

Last edited:

1ATony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site.Checked out the salt flats video.pretty cool.

OP
OP
D

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Sorry it's been a while since I logged in. Thank you for the warm welcome. I still don't have pics of the hoe. I guess i'm too busy working on her to do anything else. Already installed several factory accessories, and a Ready Lift 2.25/1.5 leveling kit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n