Need Torque

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waite1of4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have installed a borla exhaust and a set of short tubes on my wifes 04 5.3 yukon 4x4. I have modded the air box to get the K@N flowing better also. After the headers I noticed a huge drop in torque. Upper RPM power is amazing though. NAy suggestions short of a cam install. The wife is not big on seeing the grocery getter torn downm in the garage. Also has anyone tried a 160 thermostat to keep the clutch fan from robbing to much power? Let me know what you all think.

HMFDZ28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forget the T-stat.... Did you get a tune after the bolt-ons??? You really shouldnt loose tq with headers providing the correct tune.

lightninghid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i did the edelbrock shortys and felt a huge difference, now i just gotta get around to sending my computer back to get re tuned. After i did the headers and roller rockers i swapped the computer back to stock so the dealer didnt have another hissy fit and clear out another $250 tune, and i didnt notice the difference anymore, so it needs to be adjusted to make up for the add ons.