Need some help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Piggi3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi people I'm fairly new on this forum and was wondering if someone knows how much mods you need to do to a 2door Tahoe 4x4 to fit 30" rims and tires. Please don't ask why I want that and blah blah blah if you can help me let me know. Just want to see if I need to Do a body lift or more then that

Thanks

tooslowtahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It all depends on what like ur going for. I've seen all types of things done to get larger rims to fit. Also the off set of the rim may play a part in what's needed to be done. So knowing that first would help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi people I'm fairly new on this forum and was wondering if someone knows how much mods you need to do to a 2door Tahoe 4x4 to fit 30" rims and tires. Please don't ask why I want that and blah blah blah if you can help me let me know. Just want to see if I need to Do a body lift or more then that

Thanks

There's kinda 2 ways to looks at it. First is to lift it up enough NOT to cut anything. You'd almost be looking at a 6" lift to do that.

If you don't mind cutting and you just want to make them fit, a 3" body lift and some major cutting will accomplish it.

OP
OP
P

Piggi3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks just gonna do the 6" lift hopefully it will work for me

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you clarify a little because you have a 4x4 and your asking about putting on 30 inch rims and tires? if you just strictly use it for street driving and got 20 grand to burn great youd need suspension lift and mybe a body lift now turning is going to be an issue i think they make like a spacer that limits your turning radius so your rims wont rub so u-turns are going to become 16 point turns. now if your you just talking about 30 inch tires 6 inch lift should be plenty as long as you dont go do wide

OP
OP
P

Piggi3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How would this effect my turning radius as its the same like having 37s on a smaller rim. Overall diameter of the tire is 37" and its not going to cost me 20g. I'm looking at 5gs max

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrRuiz