Need some help. Added Navigation. Now want back up camera, and sub line out please.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badmunky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK so I bout this 07 Yukon used and some one added the OEM navigation system to it before we bout it.

It works but has 2 problems.

First it will not give you voice guidance. (Yes it's turned on in the settings. Yes the volume is turned up.)

Secondly it will not reroute if you miss a turn, or are unable to follow it's routing for some reason.

Next I want to add a backup camera but have been told that I can not use the normal GM kit do to the truck not having navigation from the factory. What do I need?

And lastly I want to add a sub amp to the system. I already have the factory Bose sub, but it's kind of weak, and I already have an amp and subs that I would like to install.

I am open to replacing the stock navigation system, but I don't want to lose my steering wheel controls, my satellite radio, the rear seat radio controls, or the use of my OEM rear seat DVD system.

I have herd the newer navigation system is better. Can I use that? What years did it come in?

Thanks for the help guys!!!! :D

Lockdown801

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Get rid of the OEM head unit and look at getting a PAC audio adapters for the set up you are looking for. I have a 2010 Denali and I am doing the same thing as you. The factory head units and amp are terrible. If it doesn't already have a camera look for an after market one that goes with what ever head unit you purchase. Here is a link to PAC audio for your truck.

http://www.pac-audio.com/productSea...&Model=Yukon&ModelId=1210&Year=2007&YearId=18

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar