Rearview mirror w/ rear camera display & aftermarket radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ECaseyP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just wondering here. I have a rearview mirror with the rear camera display in it. I am looking to up grade the factory radio soon and was wondering if this system will still work when I replace the radio. I have the PAC OS-5 interface and I'm installing a Pioneer DMH-342EX. I'm not planning on using the rear camera on the radio, but may reconsider that later.

I learned earlier I need another module to retain the steering wheel controls with this interface, I'll add that in later.

OP
OP
ECaseyP

ECaseyP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I installed the radio this weekend. Luckily that camera does display in the rearview mirror still.

HoeSUP77

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey there,

Does your interface or radio then have an unused camera input? Since your camera is already running to the mirror? I have the same setup in my '14 (still factory for now) and was thinking if I replace the radio and the aftermarket unit has a free camera input, I could install and run a front camera from the grille, provided the radio has selectable camera switching.

Thanks.

OP
OP
ECaseyP

ECaseyP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey there,

Does your interface or radio then have an unused camera input? Since your camera is already running to the mirror? I have the same setup in my '14 (still factory for now) and was thinking if I replace the radio and the aftermarket unit has a free camera input, I could install and run a front camera from the grille, provided the radio has selectable camera switching.

Thanks.
Yes my radio does have an opened camera port on it. Not sure I'll ever hook a camera up unless the rear view mirror quits.

The only thing that sucks is that to retain steering controls you will have to buy another control box along with the PAC OS-5 kit. I currently don't have steering controls...

Last edited:

HoeSUP77

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So you can't adjust volume from the steering wheel without the other kit? Yea that's unfortunate if so!

Did you have to wire it to your emergency brake as well?

But thanks for the info, seems like you like it otherwise.

OP
OP
ECaseyP

ECaseyP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So you can't adjust volume from the steering wheel without the other kit? Yea that's unfortunate if so!

Did you have to wire it to your emergency brake as well?

But thanks for the info, seems like you like it otherwise.
You're supposed to, but if you wire it to ground that works too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz