Need help with install. Please.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
GMCYukonDriver

GMCYukonDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big thanks to you all for the help. It's running great, and can only get better from here. I want to clean up this mess under the hood at some point. It's dirty and cluttered, but it drives just fine, so it's not a terribly high priority for me.

DSCN1600.jpg

DSCN1601.jpg

OP
OP
GMCYukonDriver

GMCYukonDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the hose works fine. I need to get something to protect it from rubbing on the alternator. The pain was the water neck on the intake manifold. I didn't get the one with the kit, so I had to find the closest one from a store, and then had to file down some spots to get it to clear the s/c adapter plate.

Everything on this install was kind of pain to get in there. lol. The fuel lines had to go just in the right spots to clear the distributor, EGR, and coil. I had to play with it for a while to get the TB to sit right. The air cleaner stud works perfect, thanks for the pics, I just bent my stock one to look exactly like that.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
cool beans. its deff for a person with alot of patience and time to get it right. it pays off.
Did you use SSbraided lines?

OP
OP
GMCYukonDriver

GMCYukonDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, had a friend bring his air compressor and grinder over to cut them. These things will probably be the last fuel lines I buy.

I can already tell that this is going to be the start of a monster. lol. I'm thinking about doing a pro-street inspired build. I was thinking about doing a little bit of a pro-touring build, but I don't want to lower it, at least not yet.

It's a shame your hoe doesn't get out much. Probably one of my favorites out there. Looks like a fun rig to drive. YOu are the reason I'm thinking about getting some plastidip and painting a black stripe on my cowl.....still don't know. I kind of like the clean look. Are you still working on yours, or is it just not a DD?

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
just a summer weekend truck. I have a few others that are only summer cars, so i have to split up the time use on them lol
i have a tahoe limited for my DD.

Wallets start to cringe once you get past the whipple. rearend or the tranny starts to go.. the 4l60e cant hold it very long nor the 10bolt. mine was making noise even before i put the whipple on.

OP
OP
GMCYukonDriver

GMCYukonDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did you do to take care of those? I've been thinking about a Tru-Track or an Eaton posi, and a transmission rebuild. A friend of mine has a friend (I know, the old friend-of-a-friend cliche) who drives an LS powered Chevelle. He rebuilds 4l60e's with quality stuff to handle lots of power, more than I would ever put out.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
I put a trutrac in mine with some yukon 456 gears with all new seals and bearings. put me over 1000 in just parts from randys ring and pinion. i put it all in myself with a help of a buddy that didnt charge anything, but your probably looking in like 2grand with labor and parts..

trans on mine is stock. well see how long she lasts tho.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz

Latest posts