need help with 95 tahoe ac problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

big95hoe

Reaction score
Sorry if there's already a thread about this my phone won't let me type in the search box I'm kinda stumped Ihave a 95 Tahoe lt 4x4 the acdidn't have a charge on it so I picked up a couple cabs of r134 and started charging it I couldn't hear it with the engine running but found a leak where someone stripped the ac pressure switch on the condensed finally go a hold of one of those replaced it and doing everything according to directions on the can still the compressor won't kick on so I looked around online and tried to jump the low side pressure switch with a piece of wire to try to get it just to kick on still nothing checked the fuses and checked for leaks I'm all good on those so any help would be great as to what other things I could do or look into ...thanks ahead of time also it has a new compressor and everything else ( hoses valves) looks fairly new

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
first, from empty it may take several cans to get the low pressure cutoff to allow it to work.

second, if you opened the system by replacing a switch you should have had the system evacuated first before charging.

OP
OP
big95hoe

big95hoe

Reaction score
Where the switch screws in is a schrader valve so when you un-screw it only a tad bit of the refrigerant leaked out it wasn't open for any period of time there's no way for it to stay open unless you have something to keep it open.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k09viper