2015 Tahoe No AC after Battery Replaced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hatinthering

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2015 Tahoe, had to replace old battery that would no longer hold charge. After the battery replacement, AC no longer working (was working 100% prior to battery swap).
Things I have already checked/done:
-AC compressor clutch is engaging and staying engaged
-I have a manifold gauge set, static hi/lo equal at about 78psi (68 deg ambient), running hi/lo are 160/30psi...seems reasonable given ambient temp
-liquid line warm/almost hot, vapor line not even cool...just feels like ambient temp
-Ambient/OAT display reading correctly, shows 70deg
-cabin heat works fine, hot air coming out if I turn up to "hi", back to ambient air if I turn back to "lo"...so I think no issues with blend doors
-have disconnected/let sit/re-connected battery a few times.

So I'm usually pretty clever, but stumped on this one...no idea how it cannot be cooling something somewhere with that hi/lo pressure differential, and it's very suspect this started immediately after battery swap. Appreciate any ideas to check, thanks!

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I think you need a bidirectional scanner for this one. The A/C control unit is its own module built into the bezel by the buttons. I had the A/C be intermittent on my 2017 and it ended up being that module.

OP
OP
H

hatinthering

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Appreciate the reply, that's exactly the sort of thing I was expecting/afraid of, but had no idea to what/where to check. Will keep an eye out for other replies and look into that, thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts