Need help please- 2019 Yukon 6l80e manual mode disappeared

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nascarjr388

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone. First post here and I could use some help. After dealership replaced the 6l80e transmission in our ‘19 Yukon and reprogrammed it, I noticed later that the M was no longer there on the gear selector. Dealership said that was part of the “new software”. I asked a friend of mine that has a smaller shop about it and he said he hadn’t heard anything about it. Anybody else have this experience ?

Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I cannot personally assist you with your issue, but other members of this Forum much more knowledgeable than me in this area will chime in.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. First post here and I could use some help. After dealership replaced the 6l80e transmission in our ‘19 Yukon and reprogrammed it, I noticed later that the M was no longer there on the gear selector. Dealership said that was part of the “new software”. I asked a friend of mine that has a smaller shop about it and he said he hadn’t heard anything about it. Anybody else have this experience ?
so... even if the M is no longer there by default, when you press the +/- shift button you would presume it would then light up indicating the selected gear correct?

RobH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so... even if the M is no longer there by default, when you press the +/- shift button you would presume it would then light up indicating the selected gear correct?
Bummer. One reason I don't like updates. They can change the behavior of unexpected things. Or remove previous functionality.

Have you tried Doubeleive's suggestion to press the + or - button on the shift lever? Maybe that will summon "Manual" mode.

Can you physically move the shift lever past the "D" position to what used to be the "M" position? Maybe it is a software bug that the "M" no longer illuminates.

It's possible that less than 0.1% of drivers ever use the "M" position.

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bummer. One reason I don't like updates. They can change the behavior of unexpected things. Or remove previous functionality.

Have you tried Doubeleive's suggestion to press the + or - button on the shift lever? Maybe that will summon "Manual" mode.

Can you physically move the shift lever past the "D" position to what used to be the "M" position? Maybe it is a software bug that the "M" no longer illuminates.

It's possible that less than 0.1% of drivers ever use the "M" position.
Maybe take it to another dealership.

OP
OP
nascarjr388

nascarjr388

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It doesn’t do anything at all now when I push the +/- button. The service manager said the “new” software eliminated that option.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It doesn’t do anything at all now when I push the +/- button. The service manager said the “new” software eliminated that option.
I think your dealer is full of shit, take it to any other dealer and ask why it's not working
I bet the shift linkage is not set right, if the detent isn't in the proper position it wont work.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cort84