need help.. catalytic converter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
laprodigy001

laprodigy001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i live in NJ but when i checked the carfax i believe it was purchased in Cali and registered there for the first few years.

if i am throwing code p0430 could that be for anything else besides a bad catalytic converter?

that setup might be a california converter setup that i think was implemented i think starting in 1998. i saw the same thing in the 2000 limited 2wd units. assuming nothing changed in the area where the original setup went then the old style should fit. there might be concerns tho with the o2 locations that might be slightly different and may need longer or shorter wiring. you likely would not get dinged either by a smog shop because is will look like a factory mounting position.

TheSwede

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On My 2000 yukon xl 5,3 4 WD i have similar as you. My is imported from us Florida i think. And i have seen "cats" that fit mine on ebay.

TheSwede

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On My obd scanner i can see o2 sensors and do a diagnostic on them to see wich is bad, dont know if it works for you. I bought a scanner on ebay and it seams to work quiet good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
APalmer15