Need help 07 LTZ suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donovan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took a ride with a full truck 7 people and the truck was all over the place. When I would hit a bump or cross a bridge the steering wheel felt like I had loose ball joints. The rear end would sway back and forth. Not crazy but enough for it to concern me. I looked at everything there is no play in the front end, ball joints are good. As far as I know suspension is all stock. Any ideas?

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
autoride compressor is shot, shocks are cracked

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here, but I'm in a Suburban (no auto-ride). Just pulled an 8000 pound tool trailer the other night with no trouble. Straight as an arrow down 95 South at 70-75 mph.

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me ask you this.... Do you ever hear your auto ride compressor run? If not its dead and you need this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EKOKQE2/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If it is still running then you need new autoride shocks:

http://www.amazon.com/Arnott-Air-Su...e=UTF8&qid=1396472818&sr=1-1&keywords=AS-2708

And IF it's still running I would HIGHLY SUGGEST you remove the fuse for it IMMEDIATELY, because it will run it out and go dead very fast if the shocks are leaking.

If you want the upgraded Bilsteins then get these:

http://www.amazon.com/Arnott-Air-Su...472970&sr=1-1&keywords=AS-2700#productDetails

Let me know if you have any questions

Last edited:
OP
OP
Donovan

Donovan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can hear the pump running. It seems louder than it did before. I guess I'm just prolonging the inevitable.

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can hear the pump running. It seems louder than it did before. I guess I'm just prolonging the inevitable.

Pull the fuze now. It sounds like the dryer has gone bad or the unit is on its last leg, they make rebuilt kits but it's easier just to buy the whole compressor and replace the whole unit. It literally bolts on and plugs in. However, one caveat to that.... Make sure your shocks are holding air and aren't cracked first.

Speck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to revive a dead thread, but I was searching for information on my Auto-Ride and this came up. I am having similar problems to the original OP and my compressor is running, but suspension is not holding air and my ride is all over the place with slop when loaded down. At this time I am wanting to pull my fuse for disabling the compressor to keep it from going bad. Does anyone know the fuse number so I can band aid this until I can order a new suspension from NorCalSS instead of ordering new shocks to only replace when I lower the Yukon?

Thank you for any help.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Heres what i do on the guys that load up their rigs and actaully tows/holds weight better then stock

rear 2" drop spring
rear swaybar
rear belltech street performance shocks
rear airlift helper bag kit

HUGEEEE ride quality difference and with the heler bags tows wayyy better than stock oem rear airride shocks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645