NBS Shock recommendations??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been needing some new shocks for the Burban for a few months now. Now that I got a few bucks back on my tax return, its time to pull the trigger. Any recommendations on what I should get? I have a 01 2wd Suburban at stock height.
I do 95% street driving, and 5% off road (dirt roads really). Comfortable ride and good handling are what I am mainly looking for. I'd like to keep cost as low as possible without compromising quality. My MAX budget is $500 for all four.

Also, I do NOT have the "Auto suspension" option, but I do have the Nivomat load leveling shocks in the rear. I do not mind switching to regular rear shocks to save some money.

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blisten 5100s or belltech street performance shocks are pretty popular on here.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only thing about the Beltechs is that they are a low pressure charge.... by design.

OP
OP
S

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So in doing some homework, it seems that the Nivomat load leveling shocks are a small fortune to replace. But I can put regular rear shocks on if I swap the rear springs. I can get a set of Moog springs from Rockauto for $48. Now I just need to decide on what shocks.
So....

Bilstein, Monroe, or KYB?? And what series?

Blacked-out-Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the BellTech nitro drops, there a good price and the reviews i heard and read on them were all positive. i cant wait to feel how they ride!

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm interested to see what you go with as I'm starting to look at replacing mine at some point in the near future as well.

magicbus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put some Monroe sensatracs on mine and they are okay, a little soft though. I'm also lowered so I'm sure that makes a bit of difference. I also used a shock made for a 67-72 suburban.

OP
OP
S

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up ordering KYB Monomax shocks. I will have to see how they ride after I install them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz

Latest posts