NBS dropped Tahoe shock question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Picked up an 03 Tahoe recently with a 2/3 ground force drop, has keys up front and coils out back with im assuming ground force shocks. Around town it feels nice and soft but on the freeway and hitting big bumps, feels like the shocks are blown and sways pretty bad.

Ive never had a lowered vehicle so what kinda shocks should I look into??? I was gonna look into bilsteins most likely but seeing what else everyone recommends?
Or would I be able to use the stock shocks with this setup?

also should i look into getting shorter sway bar endlinks or any of that stuff?

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just installed a set of Bilsteins a few days ago and like em. Mine's dropped about 4 in the front and about 5.5 in the rear, still running stock endlinks but with energy suspension poly bushings.
If you try new shocks, try out the Bilsteins. Ive tried a few different shocks and wish I would have bought these Bilsteins a long time ago.

Cocotits

Reaction score
Jk, I have the djm 3/5 drop with keys and shock relocaters and also those blue springs. They are rough so I'm upgrading to the new trailblazer belltech 4" springs. I havent changed my shocks but think I'm gunna need to since these new belltech springs will drop me to a 5.5-5.75" drop. Curious as to what shocks you have exactly and if you think they will work on my application. Also Ive heard I will need trailing arm relocation brackets, sway bar struts. Don't know what exactly you have but if you could break down what parts you have used on your truck that would be appreciated.

About the trailing arm relocaters I hear for the 07 up at least, without the trailing arm relocate brackets and new sway bar struts the two will hit and bind. Not sure if this applies to 00-06 or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yukon DRL