Mystery leak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Symba_The_Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So there is a leak under my passenger side floor board it look like it is coming out of the blower motor?, every time it rains there is a small puddle in the floor board I have taken three pictures so you know where i am talking bought, Anyone know how to fix this? and the cabin fitter is dry as a bone when it happens x,x

Attachments

• DSC02871.jpg
    DSC02871.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC02872.jpg
    DSC02872.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC02873.jpg
    DSC02873.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 37

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a factory sunroof? If so check the drains in the front corners. I had a simular leak on the drivers side.

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Oh, sorry I just noticed you have an OBS. They may be different.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
I am thinking the cowl screws need to be removed and some sealant put on them. Just can't recall where it was brought up. I think it was GM.

OP
OP
Symba_The_Lyon

Symba_The_Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sealing up the screws might be a going way to start, I did just get my windshield replaced recently and i did not have the problem be for that :happy160:

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
remove wipers
remove cowl
clean
replace cowl
replace screws and seal them with silicone

it's a very common problem

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Common issue like others said, try what they mentioned, if not then you need to remove that panel on the cowl and ré seal it

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

2DR4EVR

Reaction score
You replace the windshield recently? I had the same problem. Water would drip from the blower area and pool under the running board where the passenger door met the frame. Carpet would get all flooded out in the rain.

Tracked it down to the upper portion of the windshield where water was running down and around the seals. Had it resealed and no problems since.

This was do to a ****** install on a windshield.

OP
OP
Symba_The_Lyon

Symba_The_Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it was the cowl letting in the water in the did not replace the screw back on the passenger side so i just found another identical screw lubed it up with silicone it it fix the problem :beer:

04SS99Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome to the OBS world haha

on NBS trucks this is usually from a clogged A/C drain tube or leaky sunroof - door sills. but on a obs id check the windshield

blatta1999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am having a similar issue but the leak is in both front floorboard areas. I looked at the cowl and there are a few issues. The rubber seal at the top of the cowl is missing and the mounting screws on both corners are there but the cowl is cracked and loose, more on the driver side. I'm assuming this could be my problem, but why would this allow water to the floorboard? And what is the easiest way to get the wipers off? I'm assuming mine have never been off so I don't want to mess up the spline but they are tight on there. Any help is appreciated!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645