My DEPOs don't seem to be adjusting correctly...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Ups

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am still a total noob when it comes to car stuff, but I have had these DEPO projectors with 55w HIDs in for a month or two now and I still continue to blind people and have a funky cutoff line.

I turned and turned the pin on the top of the lights to try and get those lights pointing down, but it only seemed to move the cutoff line down about a 1/4 of an inch.

Am I doing something wrong?

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's kinda the way things will be. Depo's are a halogen projector so the optics are different than a true HID projector or reflector setup would have. Moving the cut-off line will help a little. 55w are pretty bright...might be part of it too.

HID's in a halogen projector will have funny lines/cut-off/patterns.

Cameron

OP
OP
B

Big Ups

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well dang, that I did not know. Are there any HID projectors out there?

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'd have to do a HID retro to get a true HID look.

There are no true aftermarket HID headlight assemblies out because technically HID's are illegal on any vehicle not originally equipped with them.

You can click the link in my sig for the HID retro I did...

Cameron

dropmech

Puddle Pirate
Reaction score
You know there are two seperate adjusting rods per light right? You have the up and down and then the inboard/outboard. I wouldn't worry about the up and down as much as the inbd/otbd.

MeanGreen03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, on mine, the cheap little plastic peices that the screws attatch to detached so I had to dab some silicone around it so the light would actually adjust. I don't have a picture so it's kind of hard to explain, but if you keep turning the adjuster screws and it really doesnt change, follow the screw down to where it attatches to the bracket and that is where you need to add some adhesive.

Kman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's kinda the way things will be. Depo's are a halogen projector so the optics are different than a true HID projector or reflector setup would have. Moving the cut-off line will help a little. 55w are pretty bright...might be part of it too.

HID's in a halogen projector will have funny lines/cut-off/patterns.

Cameron

You'd have to do a HID retro to get a true HID look.

There are no true aftermarket HID headlight assemblies out because technically HID's are illegal on any vehicle not originally equipped with them.

You can click the link in my sig for the HID retro I did...

Cameron

The cutoff of my Depos with 55w 4500k bulbs looks fine.

img2409y.jpg

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying it won't look fine. For some people it's just fine...some it's not. There are a lot of variables to account for & I've seen results on both sides of good & bad.

Cameron

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Don't know if you have a yukon or hoe, but the Yukon lights can actually attach with one of the bottom holes not lined up, which makes them point up more. I know cause I've done it. Just make sure they are in all the way.

Also have an HID retro write-up in my signature if you want to take a look....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AEHaas