My 5 Alarm Hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blew the rear end leaving work today :mad:...rear wheels locked up and made an insanely loud grinding noise. I had to leave it at the home depot parking lot...hopefully it don't get towed

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Blew the rear end leaving work today :mad:...rear wheels locked up and made an insanely loud grinding noise. I had to leave it at the home depot parking lot...hopefully it don't get towed
Bummer man...Im not an expert...but i think people have said the diffs in the nbs are problematic...hope you can get it fixed up

OP
OP
C

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I got rid of all the Escalade parts unfortunately...I made sure to tell the mechanic to get the same gear ratio as the front...BUT, he was trying to sell me a remand rear end with a 3 year/100k mile warranty for $3500 :eek: lol

I told him to find me a junkyard rear end so I can get it the hell out of his shop asap! sucks when you break down 50 miles from home...it would of cost me $1250 to get it flat bedded up to my new house and do it myself...the junkyard rear end installed is still gonna cost me around $2k

The HOE(Black Betty) will be for sale as soon as I'm done moving into the new house...she's let me down once too many times now :(

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yea I got rid of all the Escalade parts unfortunately...I made sure to tell the mechanic to get the same gear ratio as the front...BUT, he was trying to sell me a remand rear end with a 3 year/100k mile warranty for $3500 :eek: lol

I told him to find me a junkyard rear end so I can get it the hell out of his shop asap! sucks when you break down 50 miles from home...it would of cost me $1250 to get it flat bedded up to my new house and do it myself...the junkyard rear end installed is still gonna cost me around $2k

The HOE(Black Betty) will be for sale as soon as I'm done moving into the new house...she's let me down once too many times now :(
That sux. I don't think a rear should cost more then $500, and if you get it bare, it should be a little cheaper. To find the ratio just look at your rpos. Hopefully you have the original sticker in your glove box.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Should be $300-500 but they have you over a barrel. You could get a tow dolly from U-Haul and bring it home with the new Ford right?

OP
OP
C

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sux. I don't think a rear should cost more then $500, and if you get it bare, it should be a little cheaper. To find the ratio just look at your rpos. Hopefully you have the original sticker in your glove box.

The rear end costs $600 but they're charging me over $120 per hour in labor costs...yea NY sucks!

I was gonna look in the glove box to see the gear ratio but I realized that would do me no good...I almost forgot I swapped the interior with my Escalade interior lol

OP
OP
C

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should be $300-500 but they have you over a barrel. You could get a tow dolly from U-Haul and bring it home with the new Ford right?

I called up today to tell them I was gonna rent a u-haul and tow it home myself but they already removed the blown rear...I'm still not sure if I should dump it after it's fixed or drive her until the wheels fall off, I have way too many hours and scars from working on Black Betty to get rid of her...besides, I have a ton of room at my new house to decide her fate

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I called up today to tell them I was gonna rent a u-haul and tow it home myself but they already removed the blown rear...I'm still not sure if I should dump it after it's fixed or drive her until the wheels fall off, I have way too many hours and scars from working on Black Betty to get rid of her...besides, I have a ton of room at my new house to decide her fate
Keep it. Might as well. Didn't you get the build sheet from gm? Thought you did. If so, your ratio is on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667