My 5 Alarm Hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like that box.
That is one badass truck! I bet that'll be fun driving and parking it in the city! If you go, the drive home from Texas should work out any gremlins. Great road trip too! Good luck.

I hope they find a buyer for my truck...I will still lose my ass on the trade after sinking close to 20k in mods but as I've said before...I get bored with cars/trucks after I finish modding them, I end up selling them

I'm looking forward to the road trip and listening to those big off road tires humming all the way home lol

OP
OP
C

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
C

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GLWS. That should really get your neighbors talking now if that beast makes its way to your driveway. Good list of optional upgrades too.

Thanks brother, my neighbors think I'm completely out of my mind, all I hear is...wtf is wrong with you, stop taking all your cars apart! lol

Some chick I work with has a 2014 Silverado, after going for a ride in the truck a few weeks ago, I was sold after seeing how nice and how much room the interior had!

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
I finally figured out how to swap out the steering wheels and column shifters...took me about an hour to swap out both, another pain in the ass mod lol

My wife actually came to see what I was doing to the trucks today and made me laugh...in her words... "slow down cause your gonna get bored and sell that pos when the image in your sick head is complete!" lol:D

The Escalade isn't looking so hot lately lol

View attachment 180139 View attachment 180140 View attachment 180141 View attachment 180142 View attachment 180143

Lmao

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Just when I think I'm nearing the finish line, the Hoe starts being a real ***** again! I finished installing the Escalade rear door panels and hooking up the front speakers, it was sooooo much fun pulling wire through the door grommets again lol:pp:

After that I decided to hit the car wash to get her all cleaned up...this is where Satan takes over and possesses her! I pull out of the car wash and notice water dripping on the inside of the truck right by the fuse panel on the drivers side(not good)...on my way home I noticed both blinkers weren't working so I pull over and check the fuses under the hood.

The cover was a lot hotter than I have felt before and the left turn signal fuse 10amp was actually broken in half!?!? WTF lol. I replace the fuse and decide to go home to take a better look, on my way home there are no blinkers BUT every time I hit the brakes the left turn signal turns on and the front passenger side parking light turns on :shakehead:

Anyone have any idea where I should even begin taking things back apart? FML:(

Not sure if this issue is fixed but it has to do with the esky column, I once swaped a chevy column for a gmc column and got similar results. I backed tracked all the wires and ran into a couple wires that were backwards on the splice connector, i swaped them and the problem fixed it self

OP
OP
C

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this issue is fixed but it has to do with the esky column, I once swaped a chevy column for a gmc column and got similar results. I backed tracked all the wires and ran into a couple wires that were backwards on the splice connector, i swaped them and the problem fixed it self

I did actually resolve this issue a couple weeks ago...I wound up swapping the blinker stalk from the Escalade to the Tahoe and everything went back to normal. I think water got in there somehow during the car wash and fried the old wiring

OP
OP
C

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still waiting to hear back from Boss trucks in regards to buying my other truck...in the mean time lets get back to modding :cool:

I attempted to mount the Escalade third brake light on the barn door Tahoe, lol not gonna happen...the contour of the Tahoe roof is completely different and I wound up breaking both third brake lights on both trucks :D oh well

Today I'm going to remove the running boards on the Tahoe and see if I can replace them with the Escalade boards...I also need to look into swapping both rear bumpers, on my way to work yesterday I noticed some douche bag must have hit the back passenger side of the bumper and took off

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645