My 2011 Escalade Build Thread!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Wait I'm sorry why does it need to towed to get them installed?

my buddys dealership is abotu 70 miles away from me. I have 100 mile towing so going to have them tow it back to me also. Lot less gas lol

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
Makes sense. Just seemed like a hassle but I understand the money saving side.

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
they are going to bleed the abs unit with the tech 2 and bleed the brake system since I put the wilwoods on. I didnt have a issue but hey you never know if there might be air in the sytem.

also dropping the pan and doing a filter change/refil on trans

bad side ill get truck back on friday since the gears they sent the wrong ones 3.42s so I wont be able to dyno the 11th but rescheduled the 20th. Just in time to go to the track the 24th.

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
I was always wondering how people installed the wilwoods with no tech 2 because I disconnected my brake lines and had to tow it to the dealership myself on a trailer attached to my moms caddy

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
as long as master cylinder doesn't go dry you will be fine. Also i bleed the ones I do a week after and a month after use. Ive had them on for about 6 months and since dealer had it might as well do it one last time.

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
Ever since all my brake fluid drained out my brake pedal has been very spongy compared to how it used to feel but yet I still can stop on a dime I can't figure out why my pedal feels like this do you have any ideas?

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
did you drain the system?
was there a leak?

If master cylinder went dry most likely you got air in abs unit and have to bleed it with tech 2

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
I'm just an idiot and let it run dry in my driveway while I stuffed my face and then I filled it back up and low and behold I can't bleed my own brakes and that lead to me towing it. Idk what all they bled just that it went from no brakes to spongy brakes. So maybe I take it up there and ask them to bleed the master cylinder and the abs unit?

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
yes you will need them to use the tech 2 to bleed abs unit. As soon as that ****** goes dry you need the tech 2.

trust me once you do that it will feel 10x better its like you have a ****** on now and then you take it of that's how much of a difference it will feel like lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaptainkhaos58