Muffler/ Catback recomendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DirtyBlackHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3in in a 3in out. It's a magnaflow it was $28 from summit.
awesome...that is the exact one I ordered

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

But I second the MBRP choice for anyone looking to do a cat-back setup. Both I and (more importantly) the fiancee like the sound.
so is it relatively quiet? I got a buddy looking to do something to his Tahoe and he had mentioned this exhaust, but he wants it pretty quiet for the most part

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input everyone!

What do you guys think about a flowmaster muffler (40 or 50 series) that would just be welded in in place of my stock muffler? It is a cheaper option, but is it quality or a waste of money?

Flowmaster is junk. They sound terrible, drone like crazy, and rust out and start rattling. The best sound for any LS engine is the Corsa for sure and has no drone. The next best for sound is Borla, but they usually have just a little drone. A good way to get a Borla as well is to buy the GM accessory exhaust since it is made by Borla. That's what I had on the Tahoe before I found the Corsa.

buzzsaw714

Reaction score
ive had flowmaster 40, magnaflow, straight pipe after cats, knockoff flowmaster, knockoff flowmaster with a hole plasma cut into it, and MBRP catback all on my 5.3 in the past 2 years.. Yeah im indecisive. If I had to pick between two best sounding I would say my current MBRP is rated #1 and its tied with the knockoff flowmaster with a hole cut in it. No joke. My MBRP on cold start up sounds RAW as hell but once engine and pipes warm you decide when you want people to hear it.. I like this b/c in houston cops are dogs and when you're driving around with a hole in your muffler (pretty much straight pipe) you will be noticed.. Id go with MBRP

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
texfoto

Latest posts