MPG with the Trailering Package?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

latapx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm in Canada so it's in kilometres, but it seems there's an inability for the vehicle to down shift when it's needed the most. If I'm driving at 100kmph (60mph) and at a decent grade (not sure he %) the vehicle doesn't force the downshift until the vehicle until the speed reduces to 75kmph. Once it downshifts then I can really rip but as soon as I take my foot off the floor and the vehicle up shifts it has no further ability to accelerate up hill.
I called the dealership and they said it is what it is. Given your data I'm more curious about the shift points or more so the programming on when shifts occur. From what's presented, it certainly should be able to perform at least as well as the old LTZ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you in tow/haul mode? Sounds like the transmission staying in 6th gear for economy...if all else fails, use manual mode and hold the gears yourself.

nitehawk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I also have a 6.2 Yukon Denali.. I pull a 29ft trailer with a Hensley Arrow hitch as my weight distribution set up. trailer weighs approx 5800l bs maybe close to 7200 loaded for camping. I just took a trip through the New Hampshire mountains and my truck had very little problem pulling up or down those hills.. pushed the tow/haul option and away I went. This SUV replaced a 2008 Suburban LTZ with a 5.3 L engine and it struggled going up any incline that was either long or steep.. Not disappointed yet at all in the new purchase as of yet... will keep updating as time goes by

pokerdawg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
'16 Tahoe LS 4x4 with trailering here.

I got 26.5 MPG yesterday on a 2 hour fwy drive with little traffic. Getting 15 - 17 MPG in the city.

IMG_2325.JPG

keane1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ordered my '15 Tahoe LT without the trailering package, so have the 3.08 rear end. Interstate driving (no wind) get 22-23 consistent mpg at 75. On other highways at 65, will get 24-25. I also tow a 21' pontoon boat without any issues.

Wilder126

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are you in tow/haul mode? Sounds like the transmission staying in 6th gear for economy...if all else fails, use manual mode and hold the gears yourself.

Yeah I'm definitely using the tow/haul mode. I'm going to try the manual approach which seems like a smart move...which hasn't even dawned on me until you guys mentioned it. I'm sure that should help with the "problem"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909

Latest posts