Metra Axxess GMOS-04 issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tom Joad

French V8 lover.
Reaction score
Hi,

On the 16 pin harness that goes from the GMOS-04 to the aftermarket radio I have 1.25V from the couple of red wires that are ignition power.

I put a wire between the yellow wire and the red one so I'm sure I have 12V everywhere.
Well the radio light up.... :)

but there's not sound coming out of it. :mad:

I've send an email to the metra support. Wait and see.

Stick

Reaction score
What year, any Bose stuff involved, factory amp/sub? There's many reasons for no sound but I'm unsure as to why your asking about power on red wires.
On my 2000 Denali i had to connect the blue/white wire from my aftermarket unit to the pink wire on the factory harness (amp turn on). I'm doing my install without ANY aftermarket harnesses and stuff as I'm capable of figuring stuff like that on my own. Google can be of great assistance for most when trying to solve pretty much anything really so if you're still stuck...

OP
OP
Tom Joad

Tom Joad

French V8 lover.
Reaction score
Problem is half-solved.
My vehicle is a 2003 Tahoe with Bose Amp but without Anything else. My choice for a 3rd party item is because i wanted to keep the Bose system working and keep all those ennoying chimes though I wanted to lower them. The Axxess GMOS allow me to do that.
Things are It's only half working. I stated before, the red wires that are supposed to provide 12V only provide 1.25. Ten times less.

I've ordered stuff like that : https://www.amazon.com/Qiorange-cir...g_8?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=BBM67225FP8V0612YSMR
so I can pull a wire from the fuse box to the Head Unit bypassing the faulty GMOS box.

I will come back at the end of the month or beginning August when my 'Hoe is back from the garage so I can finish the installation.

Stick

Reaction score
Well i suppose if you have it all wired up according to the instructions it should work. I'm just wondering if you're only getting that voltage because the GMOS isn't getting proper power either. Check that and also check the cigarette lighter fuse, not just the ones labelled radio. Some of the system runs off that same circuit. Although I'm unsure if that is still the case for '03 or not.

OP
OP
Tom Joad

Tom Joad

French V8 lover.
Reaction score
From here, I have each purchase is a russian roulette. Since postal fees are expensives between our two continents, I hope each time I buy something over internet I get a properly fonctioning equipment. Otherwise it'll be lost money. That's why I always follow carefully all instructions. When it did not light up the first time I was very angry. The guy from Axxess helped me, step by step, until we realise that the radio wire for electric antenna had to be wired up with the blue/white wire from their harness. He then stopped answering my email despite the fact his GMOS didn't had a correct voltage output on wires.
I don't care anymore. I've bought a fuse plug as posted earlier and will add my own power to it.
I'll also check the fuse you mentionned when my 'Hoe will come back from the garage.
Have a good day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Demetris