Memory seat,heated steering wheel & mirror issues on 2007 tahoe LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

r_mathieu1982

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hi,

I'm french and I love american car. I finally bought a chevy tahoe 2007 LTZ.

very good car with plenty of options very nice !

unfortunately I have some minors problem with memory seat, hetaed sterring wheel and mirror

- For memory seat, it seem nothing is working. when i click on button 1 or 2 or relaese nothing happen. When I let push to save position nothing happe too.
No position can be saved, memeory seem out of service. I check connection under driver seat, all seem to be ok and well connected. When i set "automatic release" when ignition key removal, it's working the seat go back automatically. but impossible to save/restore position with button on thez door. What do you think? is something to be check? fuse ?

-my other issue is concerning heated steering wheel. I have the button on the sterring wheel just next to cruise control. when i push it nothing happen and light stay off. what I have to check for it ? ideas ?
below the picture of my steering wheel heated button :
836811test.jpg

- concerning mirror, the mirror on passenger side is not working when i try to close it. I can heard a noise of electric motor but nothing move. On driver side it is working fine. i search on forum how to diassemble and check the mirror nothing found :(. Can you help?

thanks in advance for your time

see you

Last edited:

sennister

Reaction score
- Memory seats - Can you go through the information center and see if seat position recall is enabled? I think it can be set to on/off. This is the case with my 2011 Denali.

- Heated Steering Wheel - While you have the button for one, I do not know of a Chevy LTZ that has a heated steering wheel from the factory. I think someone changed the steering wheel taking the original out and installing one from either a Cadillac Escalade or GMC Denali. Both of these trucks are basically the same as a Tahoe but have more factory options. Kind of like comparing an Audi and VW. Just because the button is there, the wiring to make it work may not. The reason some people change the steering wheel to that of the more expensive truck is they like the look of the wood trim around the wheel. The Tahoe would have come with a leather wrapped steering wheel with no wood. They did keep the Tahoe Airbag which is why the middle of the steering wheel has the Chevrolet symbol rather than "Denali" or Cadillac symbol.

- Mirror - Sounds like the gears may be broken. I happened to have the parts list up and looked on my 2011 which is basically the same. There is a mirror motor that can be ordered but I it is not clear if this is for moving the glass or for folding the mirror. I think it only moves the glass. To fix the folding mirror you may need to replace all of the mirror assembly. They do not appear to sell just the inside parts.

OP
OP
R

r_mathieu1982

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hello
thanks for your reply

yes i have the option "easy exit" and "seat memory recall" and i can put yes or no. I put yes. what can I check more?

other question when I arrive at 70mph my steering wheel vibrate and tremble.
I think about geometry to be done. it can solve the issue?

thanks !

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats a newer steering wheel. Its not a LTZ either because of the wood. My dads 2012 avalanche ltz has a heated steering wheel but that was not an option in 2007 that I know of

OP
OP
R

r_mathieu1982

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
for the noise at 70 miles it solved. I balance my tires all is ok now.

Concerning the memory seat i checked the connections and all seem to be well connected. some connectors are very hard to acces and to be check.
any other idea ? how can i check the memory module to be sure it is working fine ?

concerning mirror, The gear of the motor seem to be the cause.
I'm looking for a new motor assemble for passenger (right) mirror.

do you know where i can find it ?

see you

rubyredf150

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same here.the light keeps coming out change oil.or tires or low.plus check engine.

Banshee8732

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does your memory seat ever work? I have issues with mine too. When I start my truck I can use the memory feature but after I put it in gear it usually won't work until the vehicle is stopped again. I'm not sure what to do about fixing it. If you haven't already, you might try setting or using the memory feature as soon as you get in the truck, before you start the engine.

OP
OP
R

r_mathieu1982

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I never see the memory seat working.

the only thing I see working only one time is the automatic easy exit fonction and since nothing.

before or after engine start nothing happen when I push memory button

I planned to check the connection under the seat but it seem it's mandatory to unscrew the seat. i'm right ?

other information which can be linked : i"check tire monitor" message on the dic whit the light always on.

thanks again

see you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909