'07 Yukon XL Denali Heated Seat Button

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an '07 Yukon XL Denali and having some issues with the heated seat button on the driver door.

When I press the button it does work the way it used to. Takes me several pushes on the button to get it to turn on and get to the right temperature.

I think it is just the button being finicky, but is there anything else like a relay that might cause this.

Does anyone have a part number for the heated seat button that is on the drivers door?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go to GMPartsDirect.com, enter your VIN, and then scroll to the appropriate section, where you will find an exploded diagram with parts and their numbers.

Before doing that, though, I'd recommend removing the the button assembly and see if you can squirt some brake solvent or equivalent into the button/switch and see if it resolves your issue (corrosion or dust on the switch's contacts).

OP
OP
BSarteSr

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to GMPartsDirect.com, enter your VIN, and then scroll to the appropriate section, where you will find an exploded diagram with parts and their numbers.

Before doing that, though, I'd recommend removing the the button assembly and see if you can squirt some brake solvent or equivalent into the button/switch and see if it resolves your issue (corrosion or dust on the switch's contacts).
Yesterday I took the door panel off to get to the switch. Took the switch out and apart, looked fine, sprayed a little silicone on the actual buttons on the printed circuit board. Put it back together, seems to work fine now.

Lets see how long it works for.....LOLLLL

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I took the door panel off to get to the switch. Took the switch out and apart, looked fine, sprayed a little silicone on the actual buttons on the printed circuit board. Put it back together, seems to work fine now.

Lets see how long it works for.....LOLLLL
Thanks for the follow-up. My 2012 has been doing this for a few years now and I've been too lazy to tear into it because I can usually get it too turn on with patience.

Alessandrolomb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an '07 Yukon XL Denali and having some issues with the heated seat button on the driver door.

When I press the button it does work the way it used to. Takes me several pushes on the button to get it to turn on and get to the right temperature.

I think it is just the button being finicky, but is there anything else like a relay that might cause this.

Does anyone have a part number for the heated seat button that is on the drivers door?
From my experience, heated seats usually have a relay and a fuse. If the relay is acting up or the fuse is close to blowing, your seats might work only sometimes. But, if other things that share that relay or fuse are working okay, then that's probably not the problem.

OP
OP
BSarteSr

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the follow-up. My 2012 has been doing this for a few years now and I've been too lazy to tear into it because I can usually get it too turn on with patience.
Well I posted a little too early, a few days later it started acting up again so I bought a new, waiting for it to be delivered to install the new one.

OP
OP
BSarteSr

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess you just spoke too soon, it happens. Well, keep us updated on how a new one will behave.
Received the new switch earlier today and put it in, all together took me about an hour to do. Seems to work fine.

If you are going to do this, you have to take the door panel off which is pretty easy. You need a 10MM & 7MM sockets, a long screw driver with a fine tip to take the door panel bolt screw covers off. Otherwise like I said pretty easy.

If any one wants any more details, let me know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz