Megan the Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nsyukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Lots of nice ideas. How many miles did you have on the Tahoe when you bought it? Sorry if you had mentioned before and I missed it.

The reason I am asking is I have a bone stock 2003 Suburban z71 that has 189k miles and it is in amazing shape, I want to know how much tinkering should I do with it. It was my wife's primary vehicle but since she got the new Denali, it is now my toy.

OP
OP
gtrslngrchris

gtrslngrchris

Reaction score
I have an update but things happened so I'm not going to post it all yet.

Lots of nice ideas. How many miles did you have on the Tahoe when you bought it? Sorry if you had mentioned before and I missed it.

The reason I am asking is I have a bone stock 2003 Suburban z71 that has 189k miles and it is in amazing shape, I want to know how much tinkering should I do with it. It was my wife's primary vehicle but since she got the new Denali, it is now my toy.
This had around 170k when I bought it and it's around 184k now. My 2003 2500HD has over 230k miles and is still very clean and my friends' 2007 Classic 2500HD was at 315k miles and looked to be in even better shape in lots of places. Absolutely no reason not to mess with it.

OP
OP
gtrslngrchris

gtrslngrchris

Reaction score
Yesterday I replaced rotors and pads all the way around. I found EBC USR series rotors for the rear for $71.71 shipped on a price mistake on Amazon. Actually they were supposed to be the GD series and they ended up shipping USRs. Either way I saved about $150-190 and so I bought the fronts to match and then I found hawk LTS pads for the rear for $35 on eBay on a 40% off sale and had a 25% off coupon to stack making them $30 shipped and then bought the front pads on Amazon to match making my whole upgrade $315.21.

All rotors front and rear were factory somehow after 185k miles and not completely worn out. The new EBC rotors just look sexy as **** though.
fsp3TbY.jpg

T2kf4Z4.jpg

Unfortunately my front driver side hub decided it was going to feel gritty as shit and have lots of play in it so I went to Autozone and grabbed the one Moog hub they had and I'm very impressed with it.
drHw5Fk.jpg

mng6IRT.jpg

I finished everything up and put on my new 1/4" spacers in the front which has, along with my upper control arms, completely eliminated the tire rubbing on my sway bar.
x6xn0Vm.jpg

I then took it to Hibdons to get a lifetime alignment at which point I assume they ****** up. What I am guessing happened is they didn't see that half of the alignment cams were replaced and now had fixed positions and they cranked and cranked and eventually cracked one of the factory alignment cams on the driver side and on the passenger side it appears they might have actually broken the alignment pin the cams work on. Either way I got it and brought it home and I'll deal with it later. My roommate doesn't love doing alignments on his dealership rack but he will after he sees their handiwork.

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally found the post with the sub wiring. Woot woot. Now I'm able to finish this interior. Thank you for posting. And this may be an old thread but who knows right now.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally found the post with the sub wiring. Woot woot. Now I'm able to finish this interior. Thank you for posting. And this may be an old thread but who knows right now.
It is old but good. And since you revived it, I read the entire thing. He never came back after final tuning of the LQ9 though. I'm left wondering if he ever got it running right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia