Maybe Time To Trade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear they may have a premium model expedition with different engine option. Regardless, I'm sure the v6 turbo will outperform our XL 5.3V8.

As long as it can tow, I really don't care whether it has IRS. People hauler and towing are my main concerns.

We are still considering dumping the 15 for a 17 yukon xl, but with such a bad taste in my mouth with this one, not so sure I want to even consider it.

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will agree the Ecoboost will out perform the 5.3. I'm actually comparing it to the 6.2.
In my brief amounts of surfing for a full sized SUV the only one I found that even sparked my attention is the Infiniti QX80. It has a large, bold look and provides pretty decent power. But once again, $70k+ for an SUV that I am likewise going to need to use as a truck. But I will admit, I do like it.
Once again for my towing needs a used 2011'ish diesel and a new 4 door sporty car are the next move. I've suddenly changed to trying to now talk my wife into driving a Challenger.
going to be a fun year with this dilemma. lol

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've suddenly changed to trying to now talk my wife into driving a Challenger.
going to be a fun year with this dilemma. lol

I ran a '12 Challenger R/T for three years and loved it.
Drive one and I'll bet you'll buy it.

jdskycaster

Reaction score
Test drove a Challenger this spring. Fun ride and a very good value for the performance package.

The Infinity/Nissan full size is the direction I am heading and after test driving both the Nissan is a steal for the price. 3 Ton, body on frame, V8 power with the refinement and options I am looking for. The $50K price tag is a bargain compared to everything else in this segment. As I stated previously, I realize I am giving up some cargo space to my Yukon XL but that's about it and its on par with the standard size Yukon but with far better second row comfort. Only the Denali comes close in the refinement department while delivering more power to the rear wheels but that comes at a far too greater price point. The questionable reliability over the long term made it an easy decision for me to eliminate it from the running.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700