Max tire size w/CCM 2.5/1 kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
The Pawnbroker

The Pawnbroker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Zed. I'm having the kit installed today. I wanted to do it myself but haven't had a place to do it inside this past weekend. And it's been too cold outside for me to do it in the driveway. I can't stand cold weather the older I get.

Then I'll have to decide on which tires to buy. To be honest, I saw a pic on here somewhere with the stock chrome wheels like mine and it looked really good. The truck had a leveling kit and bigger than stock tires. I've been thinking that the 20's are too big of a wheel to handle any kind of curb jumping etc. without getting damaged.

I'll post when I get the kit installed and when I pick the tires and get them on.

carbon//m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not much room to run larger tires without modifications. I run 285/65/18s on stock wheels and had to trim 2 inches off the front bottom valence. With that small increase in tire width I rub the UCA and swaybar at full lock so keep this in mind with aftermarket wheels (offset and backspace).

If you really take it offroad you should consider removing the lower front air dam since you have an LTZ. The Z71 bumper is not as thick to provide more clearance.

Zed, couple of questions.

1. Does your tps light come on with the larger tires?

2. Would a spacer solve the rub issue on uca and sway?

Thanks for your input!

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the volume of air in the tire shouldnt make difference, only the amount of pressure, if you stay within the factory thresholds , you should not have a light.

and from all the reading , it sounds like a wheel with approx, 1/4 less backspacing is ideal, so a small 1/4 spacer should do the trick. the larger the wheel will have some effect in both clearance and tire flex.

Reaction score
Pawnbroker - I'm running the CCM kit that your installing. I have the stock silverado SS 20" wheels with 305/55 BFG A/T's and its the perfect setup. If you go with a 285 IMO the tires will look small with stock 20's. Trust me, I went through this once before with 285's and 305's are the way to go and it required no metal trimming just pastic.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Zed, couple of questions.

1. Does your tps light come on with the larger tires?

2. Would a spacer solve the rub issue on uca and sway?

Thanks for your input!

As stated above, TPS measures pressure. I have mine set at 50 psi and had to get the TPS recalibrated.

Yes a spacer would solve the rub issue on the UCA and sway bar. But I will be looking at new wheels when these tires wear out.

carbon//m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As stated above, TPS measures pressure. I have mine set at 50 psi and had to get the TPS recalibrated.

Yes a spacer would solve the rub issue on the UCA and sway bar. But I will be looking at new wheels when these tires wear out.

Thanks Zed for the info!

How do you have it recalibrated? Does the truck have to be taken to the dealer?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kootamcgrabbin24