Mass air flow sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a quick question. My 2006 Denali has thrown a code three times now for a MAF sensor. I have a spectre intake I bought from @Rocket Man , that’s been great. It only started throwing the code after the first time I took the filter off the intake to clean it. It’s sporadic. About a month apart each time, and each time while at some point, climbing or descending grades. I’ve used my code reader to clear and it hasn’t presented issues that I can tell. Is this an indication that I need to clean my MAF or do I need to replace it?!
Yep clean it. Sometimes the oil from the filter gets on the MAF. Be sure to apply the oil like the directions show, no more oil than called for.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
And be careful cleaning the MAF. Don't be manhandling that thing. Try not to touch the wires. Just hold it out and spray it and let it evaporate a couple times.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
^^^ONLY USE THE MAF SENSOR CLEANER IN A CAN THAT SAYS MAF SENSOR CLEANER ON IT!

Seriously, though, unlike a lot of chemicals we use like carb cleaner (methanol and acetone) or brake cleaner (perc) that are just labeled for marketing, if you look at the SDS for the MAF cleaner, it is a very specific cocktail of solvents. Accept no substitutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas