Magical Fenderwell Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
4 inch front 295 30 24
3.5 front 295 35 24

295 35 24 front on 4 inch is major rub.

RotaryMachineRx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you who've done this... When you pushed the fender well metal liner back with the 2x4 did you remove the plastic liner first? Could you leave the plastic liner in when you do this or will it crack it?

My plan was to remove plastic liner, use 2x4 to gain clearance on the metal liner, then replace plastic liner, heat with a heat gun and use 2x4 again to mold plastic liner for clearance. Do you think you could just heat up the plastic liner and just leave it on and do the 2x4 mod all at once to save some time?

Looking to do this next week so I can fit my 305/30/26's on... Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
you can just push the plastic liner with it and then heat up the liner

mcarlson83

Reaction score
So with my drop which is way beyond 4/5, my rear axle is still center but im rididng on the bumps HARD! Lol still need to do that mod and notch the frame. With the front i rub the front and back of the wheel well, but i had to hammer the shit out of the center cause i rubbed that supper hard. Just curious if im not having the same rubbing issuses cause i have stock wheel tire combo.

cambelsoop1

Reaction score
It don't matter my 24s r the same ride height. And I run lb also in the same spot. And I tried the 2x4 norcal wheel well trick. And nuthing it's tight on thebfront.. when I get it up in the air I'm gonna have to cut and heat and bend it up I am not going up. Lol it looks too damn good

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So with my drop which is way beyond 4/5, my rear axle is still center but im rididng on the bumps HARD! Lol still need to do that mod and notch the frame. With the front i rub the front and back of the wheel well, but i had to hammer the shit out of the center cause i rubbed that supper hard. Just curious if im not having the same rubbing issuses cause i have stock wheel tire combo.

how low are you. in rear you cut bracket off frame and do the bumpstops on axle and notch the cross memeber for panhard bar and 7 inch drops are no issues.

more then 3.5 drop in front 295 30 24 period

cambelsoop1

Reaction score
how low are you. in rear you cut bracket off frame and do the bumpstops on axle and notch the cross memeber for panhard bar and 7 inch drops are no issues.

more then 3.5 drop in front 295 30 24 period
Although I have a 295 I prob should of went 285 to minimize some rubbing. But I'd mods need to be made might as well ass get the bigger 1 lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

mcarlson83

Reaction score
Im belive im 6/6 i have the djm 4/6 kit with eibach 2 front drop coils, im awd with 275/55/20 i think (whatever factory wheel and tire combo is) i also have the sphon track bar. But im in the process of going air getting the tbss rear bags and going to order up to slam strut bags.

I have no clue how low the back can go right now the bump stops are getting in the way. Lol

20160619_203018.jpg

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Looks like 4 to 4.5 inches in front.

What size tire do you have on it? What's it measure ground to fenderlip?

I've been doing the tbss bag swap for years it will lay frame on axle

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DH24YUKON