MAF again!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tna0066

Reaction score
So I put a new maf in my 06 5.3l. Things were good for a bit. It seems it's shot again. Truck running rough, stalling. Disconnected MAF and it is fine. Anyone ever had a short or something I should be looking for to fix this so I am not constantly putting in new MAF's?

jasonconway5

Reaction score
How does it run bad? I think mine is bad but can't tell. No codes for it. Sometimes it act like its not getting fuel, happens more often within the first 5 minutes of start up.

OP
OP
T

tna0066

Reaction score
I picked it up at a junk yard, so it is from a gm. Maybe it was bad too, but struggling to think my luck was that bad. It would run fine, them stall at lights...hesitate when turning also stall whenever in reverse too. As soon as I pulled the connector it runs fine.

OP
OP
T

tna0066

Reaction score
For sure a bad MAF. I'm wondering if anyone has a problem with a short or something that cooks their MAF's

mechwarrior75

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
are you running a reusable air filter that you can clean and add oil after ? ive seen many maf sensors blow from the oil on the filter shorting out the filament on the maf

OP
OP
T

tna0066

Reaction score
not using a reusable filter, i check it myself and change when needed. Check engine light came on, don't have a code reader to see what codes its throwing though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeSexingStick