LT Tires and DIC message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisK7UND

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello All,

For winter I got BFG All Terrains and they are LT tire and are at 50psi. The DCI tells me to check the tires every time I start the truck and I have to press the cycle button 5 times to acknowledge the message. I talked to Michelin and they said to keep the tires at 50 and not lower to the 32 the Tahoe is looking for. Anybody else find a cure? They thought the dealer could adjust the range that the sensors are looking for. Anybody done this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jason_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This might not be very helpful, but my 2500 Suburban runs tire pressures in the 50's or 60's and the TPMS is looking for that. I can't tell you if it is in the sensors or in the computer, but I would guess the computer.

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
I run 60psi I my Michelin load range E's and the sensors seem fine. Is this just a winter set or permanent? We're the sensors synched when the tires were put on? I had to got back to the tire shop a second time for them to such up the sensors again. When the tires were freshly installed I had a similar DIC message.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
07blackhoe

Latest posts