LS to LT seat swap. (Help)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mister H12

Undercover Racecar
Reaction score
I need a little help if anyone would like to oblige. I made it lengthy.

I have a 2005 Tahoe LS. With cloth seats.

I recently purchased a full set of Leather seats and center console out of a 2004 Tahoe LT.. purely because I wanted to make the swap, and I got everything ridiculously cheap.

I now have a LS Tahoe with third.. and second row leather seats.. as well as the center console.

MY PROBLEM: the connections to the seats are different.. I'd like to retain all features. Please don't tell me to trade in for an LT, not interested.

I believe I can get the door panels with seat buttons pretty easy, my question is, anyone have part numbers on the wiring harness' for the front seats to the car? I know it'll take time, to some not worth it, but I'm going to do this for my own pleasure. I'd like to get this done as soon as I can so I can try to sell my entire cloth seating and get some mod money (you guys know how it is). So if anyone can help I'd really appreciate it!

SteveCZ28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have never even come close to doing a swap like this. i guess my only advice would be, does the wiring between the 2 seats resemble the same? ie, the factory seats have for example 2 wires,and the new seats have 2 wires, if so i would just cut and splice plugs from old to new. now if the old and new seat wiring have a different amount of wires per plug i dont even know what to tell ya. obviously you will have some extra wiring for the heated seats, which that might be a pain to rewire yourself as it would require switches, new wiring and relays and fuses.

OP
OP
Mister H12

Mister H12

Undercover Racecar
Reaction score
There are two plugs on both, but on the full power seats it's a bigger plug (30 pin?) The plug I have is a 6 or 12 maybe?

I've read of people doing these swaps in older trucks, and just splicing wires.. but that only gives you power to adjust them. I could do that, but I'd rather not. If I go that route I'll lose the heated seats and memory functions.

I was just hoping someone had their LT apart and could tell me if there was a part number on the section of wires that connects to the seats. Or maybe some pics?

OhFourChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back from the dead!
Did you ever complete the swap?

I've been looking for leather to swap in my LS, I was thinking, I could keep the factory seat mount/hardware/etc and then just swap the leather cushions and have the stock LS control mechanisms.
How simple or difficult was it to swap using all the controls from the LT?

Reaction score
I recently did a swap on my seats i have a 2002 chevy tahoe ls with (cloth) seats and with out knowing plugs are diffirent i bought 2002 denali seats cause they were leather and i got the whole seat including the 3rd row where my tahoe dont come with em i have barn doors all i did was match the orange wires and black on black wires.. (note i did not cut any wires i used t tabs )original plugs still intact just covered em with electric tape to be on the safe side ..they work perfectly fine i just dont have heated seats or the memory wich is no problem since i got em cause they were leather ,matched my interior and the 3rd row

Reaction score
Back from the dead!
Did you ever complete the swap?

I've been looking for leather to swap in my LS, I was thinking, I could keep the factory seat mount/hardware/etc and then just swap the leather cushions and have the stock LS control mechanisms.
How simple or difficult was it to swap using all the controls from the LT?