lower rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am! I just spoke with them, and they say it's done. So, we'll see.

Again, just looking to drop is slightly in the rear. Went with Belltech springs, and then a cut & lathed poly spacer to 1) keep some rubber insulation there, and 2) to keep the drop from being too low in the rear. I'm hoping that the result is a factory-like ride, with a better overall stance.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
The Belltech 2-3" rear coil could have done that, just install the coils with the supplied Belltech spacer.
If you are trying to level you may be far from it as the rear of these Tahoes is 3" taller than the front, so you would have about 2" to go......

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Belltech 2-3" rear coil could have done that, just install the coils with the supplied Belltech spacer.
If you are trying to level you may be far from it as the rear of these Tahoes is 3" taller than the front, so you would have about 2" to go......

Didn't want it perfectly level (which my mind would probably perceive as past-level in the rear with a 2-3" kit). Just wanted some of that rake out of it. My installer said he believes he dropped it 1-3/8" in the rear. It looks awesome. I need to get it on level ground and snap a pic. But I'm really liking the subtle difference.

altheflip

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here is my '07 Tahoe with the rear lowered. Lowered it about 2.4"

Attachments

• img0092h.jpg
    img0092h.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 42
  • img0095fcp.jpg
    img0095fcp.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 31

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Oh ok I got you KMel, post pic becaise I want to see it!
Altehflip your Tahoe is tite too, look like it ay Cali Lean a bit though, maybe you had a rear load or a full tank of gas or something!?

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
look like it ay Cali Lean a bit though, maybe you had a rear load or a full tank of gas or something!?

Yeah, don't want that much drop. Looks to me like it's sagging a bit in the rear. I'm not after that look.

I'll take pics as soon as I get this thing clean. It's really dirty right now...

altheflip

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oh ok I got you KMel, post pic becaise I want to see it!
Altehflip your Tahoe is tite too, look like it ay Cali Lean a bit though, maybe you had a rear load or a full tank of gas or something!?

Yeah I had a bunch of junk in the rear that day + full tank. The rear is a tad lower than the front. Installed full kit a week later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chavez_212