Low MPG's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sesco4

Reaction score
Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like my gas mileage is getting worse. I have a 07 Yukon with a Black Bear Tune Airaid Jr. intake and Magnaflow muffler. The Black Bear tune has disabled the active fuel management and stays in V8 mode. My mileage around town is under 13 and highway is around 16. Does this sound right or is it low. If it is low how can I get it back up. I'm seriously considering putting my factory tune back in.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Clean your throttle body and your MAF. Also, what gas are you using? AutoCal tune?

Sent from my fone.

OP
OP
S

Sesco4

Reaction score
I'm running Shell gasoline with the 91 octane performance tune.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you have an AutoCal, shoot a data log over to the guys for them to analyze. Could be bad gas.

Sent from my fone.

OP
OP
S

Sesco4

Reaction score
I got the MAS and the Throttle Body cleaned. The TB was pretty dirty. I'm going on vacation tomorrow with a 350 mile one way drive. I will see how it does and try to get a data log when I get back. Thanks

OP
OP
S

Sesco4

Reaction score
yeah I'm going to keep track of the gas mileage and hand calculate. The same trip one years ago I got 19 MPG two months ago I got 16 so something is off just don't know what.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrRuiz